Discovery Gaming Community
Custom Battleships - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Custom Battleships (/showthread.php?tid=694)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Custom Battleships - Denier-of-Soup - 02-25-2006

If you're one of those people with customized a BS, just forget about the money for a while. Igiss will probably recompense you like he did to us when he rebalanced Discovery 4.76.

Getting on with the topic, we all agree that the BSs must be made more powerful, and that there should be BS positron and molecular shields with the same energy rating, but we still haven't agreed on what to do with BS customization. Here are some suggestions...

1. Make BS turrets unmountable.
2. Make BS turrets mountable, but use level requirements.

If we're making the BS turrets more powerful, we'll always feel the need to introduce another disadvantage to balance the gameplay. So... I'd go for suggestion #1. Some BSs will be outfitted for VHF combat, while others will be made for BS vs BS combat.

Custom Battleships - daedalus - 02-25-2006

Denier-of-Soup,Feb 25 2006, 08:11 PM Wrote:1. Make BS turrets unmountable.
2. Make BS turrets mountable, but use level requirements.
[snapback]13486[/snapback]
Denier, we've had this discussion already and Igiss went for option 2. I didn't agree at the time but now I think he was right. There is more balancing involved though, we just need to be careful that those bs with more turrets are not too strong.

Custom Battleships - Denier-of-Soup - 02-25-2006

Option 2 sounds fine. I just hope he makes the BS turrets more powerful. I'm not spending a quarter of my pirate fortune on a BS that can get its ass kicked by a single fighter. =/

Custom Battleships - The Damned - 02-25-2006

Well I have already suggested the level fixes for the cap ships(that includes shield levels) , and the reply I got for the suggestion of making the cap ship shields have better regen was that they are strong with the 250 points/sec regen. Duh, I can't say this is right. Just try out for yourself and see how fast a BS sheild falls under fire by a good equipped fighter. So instead .. how much was it ... 800 seconds for a BS shield to regenerate a 180 seconds period is better, and still with good control (and a good friend by your side) a Bs will be able for destruction by 2 fighters (afterall we will know why we spend 100+ mils on that thing and end up getting kicked all over the place from a fighter who costed about 20-25 mils.).

Custom Battleships - Titus - 02-25-2006

The more realistic capships in starlancer aren`t blown by 4-5 fighters...why don`t we make the in FL too? :rolleyes:

Custom Battleships - Fire_Tzunami - 02-25-2006

Yeah that's right, and i think you ALL saw the INTRO movie, the long one, with the nomad bs. Now THAT is a CAP ship, not one from here, one that can be taken by a VHF :mellow: .

Custom Battleships - Korrd - 02-26-2006

I agree. A single fighter/bomber should not be able to take down a BS.
A group of fighters should pose a threat. And a full squad should be able to do it.
A group of bombers should be able to do that. And a full squad should be more than enough.

Custom Battleships - Denier-of-Soup - 02-26-2006

So we've all decided on that. Now how do we get Igiss to make the turrets more powerful? =P

Custom Battleships - Virus - 02-26-2006

Denier-of-Soup,Feb 25 2006, 06:31 PM Wrote:So we've all decided on that. Now how do we get Igiss to make the turrets more powerful? =P
[snapback]13511[/snapback]

Raise the shield, weapon power, and weapon health. One nova taking out all your weapons is really not supposed to happen....

Though, that would eliminate the possibility of using missiles on smaller capships to weaken the defenses of larger ones.....

Custom Battleships - Wolfpack98 - 02-26-2006

Honestly guys.. the only real thing we need to do is...

Increase battleship health.

Weapon helth is good too.. keeps that nova problem from coming back up. But stronger weapons? Come on.. lEts drop that discussion for 4.80 if we get that far Ok?

Making battleship weapons stronger will require Igiss (and probably myself as i'm looking over some of the ships trying to design a database for it) to re-balance the entire ship system we have. That's an enormous ammount of work and neither one of us (Hell, none of us) have that much time on our hands.

I vote for increasing the *HEALTH* of the BS's and Weapons only. No other upgrades, please.