Discovery Gaming Community
Making Freelancer look.. normal? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Making Freelancer look.. normal? (/showthread.php?tid=71476)

Making Freelancer look.. normal? - MB52 - 01-03-2012

Ok so, I managed to get a new laptop, and it is one actually designed for games. I actually have a graphics card, and stats high enough to run Skyrim on max settings but... I run freelancer and it looks... like garbage... especially compared to my old laptop...

Anyone know whats going on? Normally I never had to do any adjustments... right now freelancer looks overly bright and grainy..

:mellow:

Making Freelancer look.. normal? - NixOlympica - 01-03-2012

Shift F12 turns off bloom. It's pain for my eyes.

Making Freelancer look.. normal? - MB52 - 01-03-2012

Actually, that helps alot, thanks!

It also seems better now that I turned on widescreen...... still a little bright though, so I had to turn the gamma way down to 0...

Making Freelancer look.. normal? - majoj - 01-28-2012

Also try forcing Anisotropic filtering and antialias in your graph card control panel (if you haven't done that alredy)

Making Freelancer look.. normal? - M1cha37 - 02-03-2012

or install any graphics mode.

Making Freelancer look.. normal? - Botowned - 02-24-2012

' Wrote:Ok so, I managed to get a new laptop, and it is one actually designed for games. I actually have a graphics card, and stats high enough to run Skyrim on max settings but... I run freelancer and it looks... like garbage... especially compared to my old laptop...

Anyone know whats going on? Normally I never had to do any adjustments... right now freelancer looks overly bright and grainy..

You using the standard resolutions or a custom one for freelancer?
If the games not running at the right resolution then it can cause it to look grainy since it stretches:P

Making Freelancer look.. normal? - Echo 7-7 - 02-24-2012

' Wrote:Ok so, I managed to get a new laptop, and it is one actually designed for games. I actually have a graphics card, and stats high enough to run Skyrim on max settings but... I run freelancer and it looks... like garbage... especially compared to my old laptop...

New technology seems to do funny things with Freelancer.

As suggested above,
1) Make sure you're running the game at your native resolution.
2) Crank the graphics settings (directly via the card, not through the game) up to eleven. The focus is on texture quality and antialiasing to get more crisp and detailed models.

Another option with bloom is to invert it. Instead of making the bright areas brighter, it makes the dark areas darker. Press Shift + F9 to toggle bloom modes. It does dull certain colours, but it gives it a more realistic feel.