Discovery Gaming Community
Piracy Tips - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Piracy Tips (/showthread.php?tid=71912)

Piracy Tips - Eduard - 01-07-2012

So, i was looking for a piracy guide as i would really like to make fast money and i become very bored with trading so i created a corsair character so i could pirate traders but i am quite helpless heheh
I would really like some tips about piracy, where are the best places to pirate and so on, thanks!

Piracy Tips - pitockm - 01-07-2012

first of all make a GB for max success. Fighters arnt good these days . Alot of armored transports. So put cerberus turrets + pulses. Then we talk. Oh piracy is the worst way to make money. Really.

Piracy Tips - dodike - 01-07-2012

Join a faction, work in team.

Piracy Tips - jammi - 01-07-2012

' Wrote:Oh piracy is the worst way to make money. Really.
This is the honest truth. You could end up making, like, 2 mil an hour instead of the current 50 or so now with trading. Also, bombers. They're balanced to fight battleships and pitted against transports. Go figure.

Piracy Tips - Korny - 01-07-2012

Piracy can be a good and fun money source, apart from the (for me) boring trading which is basically just grinding and doesn't require much to do except some mouse clicks.

Grab a partner or two. Two bombers and a transport for cargo piracy, off you go.

Piracy Tips - Govedo13 - 01-07-2012

Join the Mollys. We got such thing.
' Wrote:This is the honest truth. You could end up making, like, 2 mil an hour instead of the current 50 or so now with trading. Also, bombers. They're balanced to fight battleships and pitted against transports. Go figure.
this is not quite true- you can make a lot by piracy if you work in team- the half of the money made by trading for sure. And I find bombers ok vs transports- you still can kill even cau8 battletransport in Light Bomber for 20k so it is np. I am not tellin you what Barghest do now with fixed novas- it rapes transports.
Transports get nerfed in 4.86 really- not using fighter turrets is really bad.
And using Cerbs for piracy on GB is the not so bad like using pulse razors but second from behind, use full basics if you want to pirate only on GB or full faction GB guns and 1 pulse gun- and yes the battletransports are hard to kill in GB but easy in barghest- nova their thruster then wtpwn them till they are crippled with 80 speed...:yahoo:

Piracy Tips - Tomtomrawr - 01-07-2012

' Wrote:first of all make a GB for max success. Fighters arnt good these days . Alot of armored transports. So put cerberus turrets + pulses. Then we talk. Oh piracy is the worst way to make money. Really.
Bombers > GBs.

Anyway, the best form of piracy for me has always been pirating miners. That way you don't have to wait for them to come to you, because you go to them. And you know exactly where they'll be.