Discovery Gaming Community
A sign of the coming apocalypse - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Flood (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: A sign of the coming apocalypse (/showthread.php?tid=73768)

Pages: 1 2 3

A sign of the coming apocalypse - Agmen of Eladesor - 01-29-2012

Probably one of the last people in what is commonly referred to as the civilized world to do so.

Samsung Infuse 4G.

Does it have the latest and greatest operating system? Nope. But considering that this is an upgrade from just a phone phone - and by that I mean one that only makes phones calls and did texts ... I'm scared.

Angry Birds is an annoying, yet moderately amusing and addicting app.

And going online and downloading all these interesting apps - while at the same time, tranferring all my music that I already had ripped to my computer ... wait, this is similar to my old Zune, except now it's useful and not just a movie / music player? Oh, lordie - someone messed up and now has allowed me to move into the 21st century...

A sign of the coming apocalypse - Miaou - 01-29-2012

Cool story.

A sign of the coming apocalypse - Loken - 01-29-2012

Sitting on the toilet will never be the same again.

A sign of the coming apocalypse - Fifty. - 01-29-2012

You don't need that. Buy an old Nokia.

A sign of the coming apocalypse - AndrzejB - 01-29-2012

Another person joined the dark side. Shame, shame. What phone-phone model have you betrayed?
Edit:
' Wrote:You don't need that. <strike>Buy an</strike> Keep your old Nokia.

A sign of the coming apocalypse - DarthBindo - 01-29-2012

Don't worry, there are plenty of people who live life smartphone less.
Like me.
I haven't yet found a smartphone that doesn't require a contract, which of course needs name, ID, address, and isn't usually disposable.
So, it's the pay-as-you-go phones i use.
Works great as a burner phone.

A sign of the coming apocalypse - Fifty. - 01-29-2012

After using a smartphone for some time,I'm back to the Nokia age. Simpler. I can rage and throw it around with the only fear of it braking something,not the opposite.

A sign of the coming apocalypse - Jeremy Hunter - 01-29-2012

Qelcome to the Collective.

A sign of the coming apocalypse - Marburg - 01-29-2012

funny thing about the "coming apocalypse"

how can you be certain we didn't already have it? I mean, seriously (& by seriously, I mean seriously serious...that's how seriously serious I'm seriously serious about being serious) How many years have people claimed 'the decline of western civilization' when those cries actually echo from the bottom already?:crazy:

Still though, you have a phone that can do long division in it's head while so many of the people that bought one, can't. & why should they?

...because there's an app for that:tease:

A sign of the coming apocalypse - Agmen of Eladesor - 01-30-2012

Actually we had Samsung phones that could be been smart phone, similar to an early Blackberry - but we didn't feel the need to do more than call or text with them.

Amusingly enough, 'Burg just hit it on the head - there's an app for that.

Suddenly my wallet is a lot lighter since I took ALL of those customer loyalty cards and scanned them in. No more needing to carry cards for two grocery stores, Best Buy, CVS Pharmacy, Office Depot, etc. And I found an app so that now when someone asks me what resistors do they need with their LED's, I can just pull it up. I've even hooked it into my home network, so (yeah, while on the toilet) I can stream videos and watch the movies I have stored on my server. I'm already updating my Facebook page from the phone often, I got the grocery list thing so all I have to do is scan the barcodes of what we have in the pantry so they can be added to the shopping list...

Oh, yeah - I can make phone calls, too.

As for the coming apocalypse - well, in all seriousness - and by that, being REALLY serious, if you follow solipism, then obviously I'm seeking something in the future, since all the rest of you are figments of my imagination. :)

EDIT: One other minor detail - mobile pron! Seriously, does it get any better than that?