Discovery Gaming Community
Notice for Russian players (mostly) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Notice for Russian players (mostly) (/showthread.php?tid=78368)

Notice for Russian players (mostly) - Cannon - 04-17-2012

The server now automatically bans players who use modified Freelancer.exe and dlls. Although modification of these files has never been permitted it has been tolerated so that people could apply things like the Russian keyboard patches.

Sadly, due to an increase of cheating the anticheat now agressively bans players for a number of situations including modified freelancer.exe files. This means that if you are using one of these patches to support Russian then you will probably find yourself banned.

When/if this happens:
- Reinstall the mod or at least the most recent update
- PM me a character name of one of your ships.
- Upload your freelancer.exe somewhere and send me the link.
- Assuming everything checks out, you will be unbanned.

Notice for Russian players (mostly) - Vladimir - 04-17-2012

Understood.

However. Can we please have Cyrillic support in the basic discovery package back? I'm pretty sure it was around (except for "ё"), but one of the latest updates removed it for some reason.

This is really useful in pm or group chat when you suddenly realize, after 30 minutes of chatting, that everybody there is russian (happens to me a lot).

It's not like the russian part of this community can not use "translit" for speaking russian via latin alphabet anyway, but it looks disgusting.

Notice for Russian players (mostly) - Curios - 04-17-2012

Maybe a side note, but.

Things like hudshift and Light patches were going through modifying the dacom.ini, they do not work though after the u4.

So here is the question. How to use hudshift'n'stuff now without getting bananed?

Notice for Russian players (mostly) - Cannon - 04-17-2012

Right now hudshift is okay.

Quote:It's not like the russian part of this community can not use "translit" for speaking russian via latin alphabet anyway, but it looks disgusting.
Yeah, it does look horrible.

Quote:However. Can we please have Cyrillic support in the basic discovery package back? I'm pretty sure it was around (except for "ё"), but one of the latest updates removed it for some reason.
Are you running XP? The current update supports Cyrillic for windows 7...I'll try to make it work for both XP and Windows 7.

Notice for Russian players (mostly) - RedEclipse - 04-17-2012

Quote:Are you running XP? The current update supports Cyrillic for windows 7...I'll try to make it work for both XP and Windows 7.
Works perfect on my 7. Even with "ё".

Notice for Russian players (mostly) - Vladimir - 04-17-2012

Quote:Are you running XP? The current update supports Cyrillic for windows 7...I'll try to make it work for both XP and Windows 7.

Yep, exactly. Alright, thanks in advance.