Discovery Gaming Community
Daumann Heavy Construction feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Daumann Heavy Construction feedback (/showthread.php?tid=84392)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Daumann Heavy Construction feedback - HeadHunter - 02-06-2015

(02-06-2015, 06:52 PM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: Headhunter, if I wanted to talk to you, I'd call. Kindly go away.

Hey man i have right to post here who are you to tell me to go away ? Are you some kind of sacred person here ? Cause you sure behave like it.

I agree completely with Daumman stand on this issue they are good faction i am not member of it but who knows in the future i might become will see.
Also this place should not become a place were you send your friends to post nasty things in to your own favour, please restrain your self from that.

RE: Daumann Heavy Construction feedback - Jack_Henderson - 02-06-2015

(02-06-2015, 06:45 PM)HeadHunter Wrote: You can not simply enter someones encrypted communication saying that you as leader have right to hope in just because your member told you on skype what hapend.[/color]

I can.
I know that some funny guys mentioned somewhere that I'd have to make a rp channel on forums in which the pilot tells it to the Guild, but let's stay real...

If a player tells me by whatever means "Hey, my char reports this to the Guild", I know of it irply and I can answer. Guess what happened?

I do not even understand why we are discussing this. This has been done forever exactly like this and it has not been a problem for 4+ years.

RE: Daumann Heavy Construction feedback - Jansen - 02-06-2015

(02-06-2015, 07:06 PM)Jack_Henderson Wrote:
(02-06-2015, 06:45 PM)HeadHunter Wrote: You can not simply enter someones encrypted communication saying that you as leader have right to hope in just because your member told you on skype what hapend.[/color]
I can.
I know that some funny guys mentioned somewhere that I'd have to make a rp channel on forums in which the pilot tells it to the Guild, but let's stay real...
If a player tells me by whatever means "Hey, my char reports this to the Guild", I know of it irply and I can answer. Guess what happened?
I do not even understand why we are discussing this. This has been done forever exactly like this and it has not been a problem for 4+ years.
Maybe, just maybe it would have been helpful if you had referred to the reason as to why you are posting in that thread instead of the guy it was adressed to ("I, the IMG guy send this communication because other IMG guy XY told me about what happened,..." or whatever else, at least something that shows where your character got the info/comm details from).
The way its now I have to agree with the DHC people, it looks as if you just metagamed your way in without any explanation, pretty much like the random lolwut you mentioned would, you shouldnt pull the 'Im the mighty faction leader card and everyone has to treat me like someone really cool' if you cant even get the basic things done that at least I'd expect from one.

RE: Daumann Heavy Construction feedback - Stoner_Steve - 02-06-2015

Oh, if we are going to talk about meta gaming lets look at This Thread sent to the Rhineland Government and yet somehow answered by Daumann

RE: Daumann Heavy Construction feedback - Jack_Henderson - 02-06-2015

And this entitles them to troll me in the 2nd post AFTER I did exactly what you asked for (explaining how I got into the channel). Interesting call. I'll call it a day, as it seems that this behaviour is okay from an Admin pov, and I seriously disagree there.

RE: Daumann Heavy Construction feedback - Doria - 02-06-2015

You both have true points made. Although it's kinda obvious that an employee would bring such a subject to its superiors, that was not explicitly made nor explained, just like the op didn't mentioned any "personal channel" or anything like that. In any case, the answer "we only talk to the pilot, not his employees" is kinda silly, and obviously motivated by the known antagonism that exists.

In any case, when someone posts when he shouldn't in one of the threads I am involved in, I just report it via that link here at the bottom right of the post. All times I did that, mods/admins deleted the post and we just continued like nothing had happened. No need for direct confrontation, independently of who is right. It leads to no good.

RE: Daumann Heavy Construction feedback - Doria - 02-06-2015

(02-06-2015, 08:41 PM)Captain_Nemo Wrote: Oh, if we are going to talk about meta gaming lets look at This Thread sent to the Rhineland Government and yet somehow answered by Daumann

Very well put. You can justify "That char is the dhc representative on the government..." Well, first, doubtly a corporation rep would take care of such issues, it will be passed by the secretary to a police or military person. And, even if we accept that a dhc rep would take care of it, it's just as a faction director/secretary/lawyer speaking for an employee.

That way it looks like the RP is just an excuse to justify an ooRP motivated action. Vide last paragraph, when to dismiss the subject of unbanning OSI the maker of that post just says the contrary of what is stated at the beginning: "I represent Daumann Heavy Construction in Rheinland government." is used to justify the reason to answer to that comm, while at the end saying OSI should contact the rheinland goverment, what implies that the person doesn't represent the rheinland gov. If it was not that, you should have refrased that. Also, notice the lack of reply when the ooRP wall was reached.

I am obviously biased towards OSI, but I try to make relevant points here, so we can have a fun game.

RE: Daumann Heavy Construction feedback - Pavel - 02-06-2015

@ Jack

As the OP, we think we have right and inRP technical means to restrict acces to the transmission.

@ Captain_Nemo

Daumann Heavy Construction is inRP the most influential corporation, controlling Rheinland government from shadows. We are part of the government, both in and oorply. That message was discussed in Rheinland government chat, and as I happened to have free while when the discussion ended, I posted that message. There's nothing in there what wouldn't be discussed, voted on and approved by people from Rheinland government chat first.

@ Doria

I assure you, there is no antagonism against IMG from our side. Our members are forbidden from pirating IMG on DHC chars (and obviously forbidden from making alts to hunt IMG). In fact, not that long ago DHC was opposing ideas in Rheinland government chat to limit IMG in its allowances, due to oorp reasoning! Karst can confirm this for you (unless he suffers from sudden amnesia, but then there are other people there, and logs, of course).

@ Doria again, about OSI message itself

To be precise, we pretty much said it's not TAZ's business what Rheinland-OSI relations are and while we are open for cooperation with TAZ, it'd be better if they weren't sticking their nose where it doesn't belong. That's not the same thing as pretending to be government envoy and then telling faction to contact government.

I hope our reasoning was explained well enough in my earlier posts and this one. If there are any other issues, please post them.

RE: Daumann Heavy Construction feedback - Eduard - 02-06-2015

I remember the old times when CW stumbled upon you in Rheinland and we RPed nicely. I have to commend your commitment towards Roleplay and how you opt for immersion, differentiating inRP from ooRP. I appreciate how you treated us as a zoner faction.

Furthermore, an inquiry I would like to address, what is DHC's stance towards Kusari, or Hogosha? I would like to inquire for a formal clarification.

RE: Daumann Heavy Construction feedback - Stoner_Steve - 02-06-2015

(02-06-2015, 09:22 PM)Pavel Wrote: @ Captain_Nemo
There's nothing in there what wouldn't be discussed, voted on and approved by people from Rheinland government chat first.

Then perhaps the government needs to stop being lazy and make the posts on their own so people like me don't claim bias

Also that comm clearly says encrypted so DHC is a bunch of hacky metagamers like the IMG apparently, which is cool I suppose if we are going for the double standard approach.