Discovery Gaming Community
Daumann Heavy Construction feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Daumann Heavy Construction feedback (/showthread.php?tid=84392)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Daumann Heavy Construction feedback - Havok - 05-16-2015

Please keep this thread clean and within the bounds. Recent posts that have been found unacceptable have been removed. We are watching.

RE: Daumann Heavy Construction feedback - Pavel - 05-16-2015

(05-16-2015, 12:27 PM)Danny-boy Wrote: * Danny-boy Reads the message that DHC has just sent to himself before pulling out his new camera, the CANNON-ANTIPOWERGAMING-FUSION-PRO and snapping a picture of the screen, in HD!

Seriously though, this breaks forum rules.

The rules state that:
"2) You may post in a thread here only if one of the following conditions are met;
[...]
2b) You have permission from the transmission's author, or from the transmission's recipient (author/recipient must post detailing that they are allowing you access) to view/post in that transmission.."

Therefore the recipient can relay this information to whomever the hell they please, unless your super cool software has the ability to break the forum rules?

Not only that but this does actually go into powergaming, you are dictating what peoples characters can and cannot do with inrp information that they have been given. Whatever rp you come up with to justify you being able to do it someone can come up with some other rp to say that they can take a screen shot of it i.e. the Anti-Powergaming camera or some sort of software that makes use of the ships incredibly high computational power to break through its protection.

The RP element isn't the issue though, it is the fact that you are dictating what peoples characters can and cannot do, that is powergaming. Powergaming is against the rules here.

Among many lulzy posts this was the most constructive thing so far. The change was introduced with belief the OP can do whatever he wants with the thread. Those rules posted by Dab are five years old though. I'll repeat what I said earlier - if admins decide we as the OP can't put such specific rules about our transmissions, we naturally will adjust the rules.

RE: Daumann Heavy Construction feedback - Doria - 05-16-2015

Meanwhile this ridiculous and against server rules attitude is being taken, completely oorp bounties just to grief people is ok... gg...

RE: Daumann Heavy Construction feedback - Auriec - 05-16-2015

(05-16-2015, 12:38 PM)Doria Wrote: Meanwhile this ridiculous and against server rules attitude is being taken, completely oorp bounties just to grief people is ok... gg...

Please tell me again how OSI proven guilty by the government of supplying Daumann's fiercest enemies, a government in which Daumann has associates like any other major corp in Rheinland, does not justify Daumann hating OSI to the point of bountying them.

RE: Daumann Heavy Construction feedback - Danny-boy - 05-16-2015

(05-16-2015, 12:38 PM)Pavel Wrote: Among many lulzy posts this was the most constructive thing so far. The change was introduced with belief the OP can do whatever he wants with the thread. Those rules posted by Dab are five years old though. I'll repeat what I said earlier - if admins decide we as the OP can't put such specific rules about our transmissions, we naturally will adjust the rules.

And the Rules from the main Rules page are 9 years old, shall we ignore them? Until such time as someone change those rules and the definition of powergaming (or allow powergaming on the server) what you are doing will be breaking the rules.

(05-16-2015, 12:45 PM)Danny-boy Wrote: And the Rules from the main Rules page are 9 years old, shall we ignore them? Until such time as someone change those rules and the definition of pwergaming (or allow powergaming on the server) what you are doing will be breaking the rules.

No of course we should not ignore nine-years old rules, or five-years old ones. They are valid actual rules, what I'm saying is that they can be tad...obsolete, after that long time. As said earlier, if admins decide we as the OP can't restrict transmissions, we will adjust.

RE: Daumann Heavy Construction feedback - Doria - 05-16-2015

(05-16-2015, 12:44 PM)LordVipex Wrote:
(05-16-2015, 12:38 PM)Doria Wrote: Meanwhile this ridiculous and against server rules attitude is being taken, completely oorp bounties just to grief people is ok... gg...

Please tell me again how OSI proven guilty by the government of supplying Daumann's fiercest enemies, a government in which Daumann has associates like any other major corp in Rheinland, does not justify Daumann hating OSI to the point of bountying them.

Please tell me again what does justify the fact that OSI is bountied for helping "Daumann's fiercest enemies", but the fiercest enemies themselves are not bountied? Not RHA and not even indie hessians... I wonder why...

RE: Daumann Heavy Construction feedback - Danny-boy - 05-16-2015

(05-16-2015, 12:47 PM)Pavel Wrote: No of course we should not ignore nine-years old rules, or five-years old ones. They are valid actual rules, what I'm saying is that they can be tad...obsolete, after that long time. As said earlier, if admins decide we as the OP can't restrict transmissions, we will adjust.

So it is ok to go around killing every red I see without a word? I mean after 9 years (keep in mind the rules page I'm talking about was bumped in 2012) the rules on the main page are a little obsolete right? If it turns out I am wrong I can adjust, no harm done right?

Or because it has been illegal to murder people for longer than 5 years in the UK shall I go and kill someone, I mean those laws could be obsolete now, right? I'm sure a court would understand that point of view.

Stop acting like an idiot, rules aren't changed because they don't need to be (I.e. You still can't murder someone in the UK without breaking laws now) it doesn't need to be said every 3rd month to ensure that it remains a law.

(05-16-2015, 12:53 PM)Doria Wrote: Please tell me again what does justify the fact that OSI is bountied for helping "Daumann's fiercest enemies", but the fiercest enemies themselves are not bountied? Not RHA and not even indie hessians... I wonder why...

From ooRP reasons. At some point it was sadly possible RHA will die because of inactivity, and as such they were removed from bounty board not to kill that little activity they were left with. It'd be a shame if major (if not only, that's it) official Rheinland unlawful faction would die. Rheinland would truly be "second Kusari" in that case. Just for the record, before that hessians, both officials and indies alike, were bountied.

(05-16-2015, 12:54 PM)Danny-boy Wrote: So it is ok to go around killing every red I see without a word? I mean after 9 years (keep in mind the rules page I'm talking about was bumped in 2012) the rules on the main page are a little obsolete right? If it turns out I am wrong I can adjust, no harm done right?

Or because it has been illegal to murder people for longer than 5 years in the UK shall I go and kill someone, I mean those laws could be obsolete now, right? I'm sure a court would understand that point of view.

Stop acting like an idiot, rules aren't changed because they don't need to be (I.e. You still can't murder someone in the UK without breaking laws now) it doesn't need to be said every 3rd month to ensure that it remains a law.

(05-16-2015, 12:47 PM)Pavel Wrote: As said earlier, if admins decide we as the OP can't restrict transmissions, we will adjust.

Smile