Discovery Gaming Community
Discovery US Relaxed RP - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Other Discovery Servers (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Discovery US Relaxed RP (/showthread.php?tid=87629)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Discovery US Relaxed RP - Juan_Arquero - 08-04-2016

(08-03-2016, 01:57 PM)Jayce Wrote:
(08-03-2016, 01:27 PM)Juan_Arquero Wrote:
(08-03-2016, 12:57 PM)Jayce Wrote: "If I suspect that one or more players in the next system that I'm planning to travel to are pirates, then I'll log off and switch to another server."

Exactly the type of player we don't need. You can stay on these 4/200 player servers.
Jayce:In other words, since I'm not a PVP whore like you, you don't want me around. -- you sound exactly like the type of player that I wouldn't want to be around anyway.

Nobody on any server got good without dying a few times.

And no, for the record, I don't want you around because you sound like a metagamer that will avoid any non-favorable interaction at the drop of a hat. We have enough of those as it is.

And as for your other comment: yes, yes, the evil Jayce is Disco's Satan. Everything that's bad is my fault and I'm the root of all hatred and villainy on the server.

Or, you could read the laws. Surrender contraband to the law, and you won't get shot.
I was flying a freighter and I had captured several criminal pilots that I was planning to turn in elsewhere when I was confronted in front of Planet Manhattan by a trigger-happy idiot who was flying a large Liberty Navy capital ship, probably a battleship.He demanded that I give him my criminal pilots. I was arguing with him that he didn't have the right to take them , then he killed me with one volley. He acted no different than a bully beating up a little kid for his lunch money.In no way would I describe his behavior as lawful, even though he was supposedly playing a lawful character. If NPC patrols don't demand criminal pilots, then I don't think that players should be able to do so either.
Feel free to explain to me why Liberty Navy players should be able to rob me like the pirates. That Liberty Navy lolwut knew nothing about any laws in Liberty, because he should have been quoting them or referring me to them if he did. That situation is no different from a police officer demanding that I give him all the money in my wallet -- the only way he would get that is over my dead body and then he would discover that I have less than $5 -- I don't tolerate bullies in real life or in games and you sure look like a bully to me.

Don't claim that I don't RP -- I was RPing my legal defense when he decided to finish the encounter with a summary execution.

(08-03-2016, 02:09 PM)Thyrzul Wrote:
(08-03-2016, 01:27 PM)Juan_Arquero Wrote:
(08-03-2016, 12:57 PM)Jayce Wrote: "If I suspect that one or more players in the next system that I'm planning to travel to are pirates, then I'll log off and switch to another server."

Exactly the type of player we don't need. You can stay on these 4/200 player servers.
Jayce:In other words, since I'm not a PVP whore like you, you don't want me around. -- you sound exactly like the type of player that I wouldn't want to be around anyway.

I'm not a PvP whore either, but I wouldn't like someone so open about metagaming on Disco either. You are free to stay away from the main server if you can't enjoy the game without metagaming.
Really? You're involved with the Council. Have you never checked where the GRN players are in the players list? Are you going to claim that Jayce never checks how many pirates are in New York when he is playing his LSF character(s)? I've seen Spazzyopenly metagaming in his videos, yet you haven't criticized him about that here. Even if you claim that you never metagame, I'm not stupid enough to believe you.
By the way, I have a completely different view on metagaming -- I consider the players list to be a list of somewhat well-known people whose locations are often well-known to the public, much like people follow the activities of their favorite celebrities in the tabloids. If the creators of Freelancer didn't want players to metagame, then they wouldn't have included the players list as a game feature.

(08-03-2016, 02:20 PM)Magnifique Wrote: Gotta love the people who pretend they never look at the player list so they can keep up their holier than thou attitude and hold others to totally unrealistic standards.
+1
T-shirt I wore yesterday: "Sarcasm: Just one of my many talents."

(08-03-2016, 03:43 PM)Magnifique Wrote:
(08-03-2016, 02:57 PM)Jayce Wrote: The difference is that I use the player list to find interactions, not avoid them.

You check the player list to go after people who you know don't want to interact with you, while he checks the player list to avoid people who he doesn't want to interact with.

Funny how you think you're more fun to interact with than him.
+1

(08-03-2016, 04:55 PM)Jayce Wrote:
(08-03-2016, 03:43 PM)Magnifique Wrote:
(08-03-2016, 02:57 PM)Jayce Wrote: The difference is that I use the player list to find interactions, not avoid them.

You check the player list to go after people who you know don't want to interact with you, while he checks the player list to avoid people who he doesn't want to interact with.

Funny how you think you're more fun to interact with than him.

It's a role-playing server. Play the role, or dont play at all. At least people get to interact with me, Karlotta.
I was playing the role -- of a freighter captain arguing over an unlawful seizure by a military despot -- when the military despot decided to end the encounter with an unlawful summary execution.

I do know how to role-play unlike many of the players on this supposedly role-playing server.

(08-03-2016, 05:13 PM)Darku Wrote:
(08-03-2016, 04:55 PM)Jayce Wrote: It's a role-playing server. Play the role, or dont play at all. At least people get to interact with me, Karlotta.

For a moment I forgot that it's a role play server cause all I see pVp whore everywhere. What we see in game when somebody spots a hostile ship they just go for the fight, 2 line rp and bang bang ! they just want blues.
+1

RE: Discovery US Relaxed RP - GuapMan - 08-04-2016

Do you have to keep posting? I'm sure you can put all this in one post it isn't that hard, not a good spam to see.

(08-04-2016, 06:03 AM)GuapMan Wrote: Do you have to keep posting? I'm sure you can put all this in one post it isn't that hard, not a good spam to see.
Funny -- I can't remember twisting your arm to read this thread, much less to post in it.