Discovery Gaming Community
Trade Development Blog - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+--- Thread: Trade Development Blog (/showthread.php?tid=88081)

RE: Trade Development Blog - nOmnomnOm - 12-16-2015

We in the AFC have been working to compile lots of RP and work into asking for a commodity.
I however am not capable on my own to figure out a good system of routes without consultation of an expert in this kind of thing.
While the route itself is not top priority, it is still needed and the focus is to be for a more "late-game" commodity for the faction (more information on this included in the document below).
Here is the write-up in the form of the Faction Perk :
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CA02kZKPrY2LwM0tpUmLumTDJfe0LS2OyLM2-pinMQM/edit
Even though it is in that layout, it really answers all the questions. I'd like help into seeing if this would be implemented.

RE: Trade Development Blog - Omicron - 12-20-2015

As discussed with Xoria earlier, posting the whole idea here.

Kemwer munitions.

Assortment of high quality weaponry, Kemwer munitions are distinguished by superior firepower and efficiency, topping even arms restricted solely for House Militaries use. It is rumored that Kemwer are offshot of The Order's R&D lab projects into energy signatures of unknown entities dwelling in Omicron systems, albeit unconfirmed amid anti-tampering measures preventing any attempts at study and reverse engineering. Initially spotted in use among Blood Dragons and Bundschuh affiliated rebels, Kemwer munitions are now highly sought after within both lawless border worlds and various pirate factions of Sirius.

Origin: Akabat, Omicron Mu
Price: 1500 credits / unit

Lower-risk, short and fast trade routes
⧫ Blood Dragons - one of The Order's primary allies, utilize weapons in their renewed conquest of Kusari, starting from Nagano.
Kyoto, Chugoku system

⧫ Bundschuh - Rheinland revolutionaires, closely working with The Order, Bundschuh receives aid
Bruschal, Frankfurt system

⧫ GMG - A rising semi-house, arms itself to counter threats of Sigmas and beyond by all means neccesary.
Fujisawa Mining Facility, Okinawa star system

Regular, long range smuggling routes
Kusari
⧫ Hogosha - While not seeing eye to eye with The Order, Hogosha smugglers would not pass up on opportunity to redistribute some of the new contraband.
Kabukicho Depot, New Tokyo
⧫ GC - Desiring - either through commerce or piracy - qualities and luxuries, GC will reward anyone bringing Kemwer handsomely.
Ainu depot, Hokkaido

Bretonia
⧫ Junkers - Primary traffickers of war-torn Bretonia taking an opportunity to enforce their position in the underground.
Trafalgar base, New London
⧫ Mollys - hard pressed in their plight, Mollys take all advantage they can get.
Arranmore Base, Dublin system

Liberty
⧫ Xenos - So far they are concerned, The Order are Liberty faction at best and exiles of their house at worst. Xenos do love their boomsticks. Counter-weight to Liberty Rogue influence.
Ouray base, Colorado system
⧫ Liberty Rogues - Already having fingers in cardamine and artifact trade, Rogues do not concern themselves with where the cargo comes from as long it makes a profit.
Buffalo base, New York system

Rheinland
⧫ Red Hessians - Indiscriminate in comparison to the Bundschuh, Hessians will stop at nothing to achieve their objectives and could see opportunity in the new potential import.
Vogtland Base, Dresden system
⧫ Junkers - intermediary in Rheinland affairs and major player among smuggling cartels.
Kreuzberg Depot, New Berlin system

Gallia
⧫ Unione Corse - much like Hogosha, UC seeks out opportunity to expand assortment of their black market by any means neccesary.
Montelimar, Dauphine ~ suggested by Rohj
⧫ Council - Their Gallic enclave surrounded, both militant arms of the Council and civilians living in affected territories arm up.
Planet Marne, Champagne

Opponents or otherwise those who would attempt to stop it:

⧫ House Police and Militaries - As local authorities
⧫ Core - obviously...
⧫ Lane Hackers - Hostile to Kappa-based AI's and believing Kemwer derives partly if not whole from AI, will attempt to cease profileration of this technology, raising tensions in unlawful neighbourhood ~ suggested by Xoria.

RE: Trade Development Blog - Xoria - 12-25-2015

I have reviewed/processed everything up through Ageira's request.
Brief, incomplete changelog:
Oil production moved to PL Aubigny
Passengers leaving Nuremburg for Stuttgart & New Berlin
No more passenger types inbound to Nuremburg
Sunbucks snacks departing Ft. Bush
Fixed the missing code for passengers departing Curacao
Fixed Synthetic Marijuana infocard's grammar holocaust
Restored Jump Gate and Trade Lane Parts and introduced Docking Ring Parts to planets
Fixed umpteen bedazzling instances of "more then" -> "more than" in infocards
Implemented quite a few other requests not posted in this thread
Nerfed everything else, because Krampus
Fixed weirdness in npc cargoes (like police hauling criminals from the wrong house or GRN hauling Sirius Marines instead of Royal Marines)

Remaining: previous 2 posts & rebalance once system changes completed

More to come this weekend, hopefully.

RE: Trade Development Blog - Xoria - 12-25-2015

Regarding Kemwer Munitions:
Unfortunately, about half of the consumption bases you've identified lie along a route to Akabat that does not allow for hardly any chance of interdiction. So, either those routes would be priced at non-contraband rates to reflect the almost complete lack of risk, or you should find consumption points that entail more risk. Unfortunately all of the potential Blood Dragon and GMG options are basically without risk. What I mean by risk is a route that passes through at least one, preferably two House or hostile-patrolled systems, and with substantial trips along trade lanes in Houses. I know the Omicron layout is about to change and I don't know what effect that will have on routes, but you can think about your options in the meantime.
The bases that currently lie along routes without substantial risk are:
Kyoto Base
Bruchsal Base
Fujisawa Mining
Kabukicho Depot
Ainu Depot
Vogtland Base
Montelimar Base

I suggest substituting Viernheim for Vogtland, because at least that route goes across Corsair patrolled territory. I suggest Morioka instead of Ainu, and Golden Dragon instead of Kabukicho (all manner of illegal activities would take place there, I expect).

RE: Trade Development Blog - Xoria - 12-29-2015

I'm off for a week's vacation, so my contributions to the update that is supposed to release "soon" are finished.
Two new commodities will appear at locations you will have to Discover for yourselves:
Sunbucks Coffee and Donuts
Exotic Entertainers

The latter will be an expensive roleplay commodity rather than a trade commodity, so save up those credits, cause the ladies don't work cheap.*

* The Discovery Development Team disavows any inference that cheap women were employed or harmed in any way during the creation of this or any other commodity.

RE: Trade Development Blog - Stoner_Steve - 01-03-2016

Can Synth Weed be added as a buy-able item on Barrier Gate Station? Unlawfuls don't have an easy buypoint

RE: Trade Development Blog - Lythrilux - 01-06-2016

Can Yaren Base get a buypoint for Docking Ring Parts? This is for future RP as Core plans to begin the construction of the Nauru docking ring soon.

RE: Trade Development Blog - Xoria - 01-09-2016

(01-03-2016, 08:26 PM)Captain_Nemo Wrote: Can Synth Weed be added as a buy-able item on Barrier Gate Station? Unlawfuls don't have an easy buypoint
Done.

(01-06-2016, 02:47 AM)Lythrilux Wrote: Can Yaren Base get a buypoint for Docking Ring Parts? This is for future RP as Core plans to begin the construction of the Nauru docking ring soon.
Done.

RE: Trade Development Blog - Xoria - 01-09-2016

For next update release:
Kemwer Munitions added
Sunbucks Coffee and Donuts added to LPI npcs
Consumer Goods and Food Rations retooled to be House-specific, and regional NPC cargoes adjusted accordingly
Also setting Passengers available at OSC bases to require full OSC rep to purchase (this will not require an OSC ID)

RE: Trade Development Blog - Lythrilux - 01-14-2016

I've been inspired by Golly's Kemwer munitions. Basically my proposition is a counter-commodity to the aforementioned.

The Core sources a lot of its income via selling Nomadic equipment and materials. This is typically to House Governments (although for the right price they'll sell to anyone, for the sake of simplicity it's probably best to keep the sell points to military installations for now). Since Nomad Remains are just plagued with numerous ooRP issues we think we'd rather treat something else as the Core's export commodity so that we can actually look for RP with the commodity and get RP back. Someone suggested we should have requested such a commodity a while ago but I held off. Now looks like a good time.

Quote:APM Advanced Hardware

APM Advanced Hardware are the products of the Core's extensive research into Nomad and AI technology found in the Edge Worlds. Packages typically include military grade augmentations, advanced power sources, research materials, combat weaponry and military equipment much more advanced and powerful than normal Sirian technology, rivalled only by Kemwer Munitions. Whilst publicly House Governments denounce further research into alien technology, Militaries and Intelligence factions are always very interested in superior technologies - especially when engaged in conflicts. Therefore, House affiliated research facilities will pay handsomely for these goods.

Not entirely sure what the legal status of these will be, however given Core's previous contracts with Houses it'll probably be legal for Core ID to haul but contraband for other IDs. So like Slaves for GMG, or Docking Ring and Trade Lane parts for Ageira. Not sure how that'll exactly factor in with pricing though.

Sold from:
Alabama Shipyard, Omicron Rho

Lawful Destinations:
Sunderland Research Station, Newcastle
Kansai Research Station, Honshu
Willard Research Station, California
Schatten Research Facility, Frankfurt

Unlawful/Quasi-Lawful Destinations:
Rochester Base, New York
Kreuzberg Depot, New Berlin
Trafalgar Base, New London
Newport Station, Sigma-13
Barrier Gate Station, Coronado

Such a commodity would be intercepted by the Order and their allies. Possibly House Lawfuls too. Still not entirely sure if this would be considered a contraband or not though.

Also if you're adjusting NPC loadouts, can you add the Core pilot commodity you made to the Core NPCs? That really needs to be done Sad