Discovery Gaming Community
What exactly are they doing? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: What exactly are they doing? (/showthread.php?tid=91137)

Pages: 1 2

What exactly are they doing? - Flashâ„¢ - 12-14-2012

OK so today I was at the RM vs LNS fight and saw a MND ID Manta. So why are BHG ships being used against Liberty?

RE: What exactly are they doing? - bloogaL - 12-14-2012

Because with the stupid new tech nerf system, anyone can use anything they like without any RP preceding it and without repercussions (server rules-wise). Someone wants to use BHG tech? They can do it without even asking BHG and use it however they like these days.

RE: What exactly are they doing? - Unseelie - 12-14-2012

Which is brillant, because it implies that a person can grab and fly a ship.

Which is true.

It implies that out of thousands of BHG pilots, a few sell them/defect. Which is likely

It argues that every faction still has its own set of ships, which is unfortunate, but does not force us all into one of two or three ships if we choose a character, which is favorable.

It suggests that if you steal a ship, or defect from your group, you will have difficulty repairing/outfitting the technology without the supply chain, which fits into the view that every organization builds its own ships.

I prefer to think about it like this. A BHG ship is likely a ship built by DSE, maybe, possibly by BMM. These ships are likely sold in large contracts to the BHG. After that...they may or may not get to the BHG even if the constructing company is upholding an exclusivity agreement, and after the BHG get them, they may or may not stay in BHG hands. the BHG pilot may well defect, the base may be raided, the ship lost in a bet, or an inheritance.

the real question to ask is who, exactly, is providing the Gaians with their gunboats?

I'm sorry, what is the MND?
Anyway, assume that the reply is something like this "I aquired this ship from the BHG when I...."

And tada, anyone can fly anything they want. (so can you)

RE: What exactly are they doing? - Ursus - 12-14-2012

(12-14-2012, 11:09 PM)Unseelie Wrote: I prefer to think about it like this. A BHG ship is likely a ship built by DSE, maybe, possibly by BMM.
BHG has their own manufacturing company, APM

I agree with the rest of your assumptions though

RE: What exactly are they doing? - Unseelie - 12-14-2012

APM was invented because of a fault in the logic, man! A fault in the logic!

Mantas and etc should have always been a product of DSE (or maybe BMM), and everything else, too.

Basically, I argue, every ship should be made by DSE, BMM, Kishiro/Samura, Daummann, Malta, Crete. What I'm saying is...oh, that things could have been diffferent.

RE: What exactly are they doing? - Flashâ„¢ - 12-14-2012

Ok? Was just wondering, doesnt look right for a BHG ship to engage Navy.

And I will not fly a ship example: RM ID manta, without permission.

RE: What exactly are they doing? - Unseelie - 12-15-2012

I'm just pointing out that while oorp permission is nice, it certianly wouldn't make sense if you were playing, say, a pirate who pirated the ship.

RE: What exactly are they doing? - Hone - 12-15-2012

why dont you complain INRP

RE: What exactly are they doing? - sindroms - 12-15-2012

Or you could just...
[Image: f0YwX.gif]

RE: What exactly are they doing? - aerelm - 12-15-2012

Oh Unseelie speaking of logic.

The irony never fails to amuse.