Discovery Gaming Community
Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Rheinland (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=73)
+----- Forum: [RM] (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=604)
+----- Thread: Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread (/showthread.php?tid=9130)

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Malexa - 12-28-2009

Thanks for your valuable feedback Zeltak.

Your described the actions of players who I try to keep millions of lightyears away from my faction.

"what r u doing here?"

This or similar statements are unaccepable for any pilot beeing tagged [RM] and within the faction.

We are a heavy roleplay based faction and there is not the slightest room for beeing OORP.
The RM Fieldhandboo Wrote:- Expected behavior of an [RM] player
You are expected to respect the rules and the other players with the utmost care. You are
expected to represent this faction within its established guidelines and role play standards
for its pilots and officers. You are encouraged to positively contribute to the faction by the
means through which you may.
Out of character chatter of any kind in system wide channels is forbidden. Marked (// or
OOC:) out of character messages are allowed only in extreme cases. The vast majority of
situations can be resolved in character and [RM] players are expected to behave like that
and by doing so, promote it to others.

It is quite good that this man or woman knew the rules, but rulelawyering and using them is the wrost thing you can ever do.

This server is a Roleplay based one and I expect all [RM] to roleplay.
This server is a place where we are expected have fun and I expect all [RM] players to keep this in mind.
Rule lawyering and misusing them is...exactly....I keep repeating myself.
UNACCEPTABLE!

At this point I have to apologize for all trouble and the bad experience, the pilot in questions got you into.

Furthermore I want ask you for the name of my Pilot, so I can think about disciplinary actions and get this fellow straight.

This way faction leaders can change unwanted things the best.
Please PM me the name of the pilot in question.

Thank you Zeltak.

Yours Malexa

EDIT: I got the pics already. And I cant believe what I see there.

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Malexa - 12-29-2009

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=55923

This matter is not to be trifled with and therefor was dealt with accordingly.
The pilot in question was put straight and is now back in the lines.

He is sorry for disgracing the [RM] uniform and will be an example for all young and old [RM] members in the future.

Nobody expects non native speakers to come up with Goethe like rhetorics, but trying to give the best is already enough.
The practice of RP and the conversations ingame will shape your english skills.
Only thing to hope of is that your counterpart is patient and satisfied enough with what you can answer and how you advance the conversation.
Since I know both RHA and other players tend to notice it and try not to go overboard with their rhetorics in this case, everyone will achieve satisfied Roleplay by approaching this way.

Thanks again for bringing this verry important matter up in a professional way, so we could solve it and prevent it from happening again.

Also my pilot took it like a man and his actions afterwards tell me he will learn from his mistakes and he will continue to be a respected member of the [RM] and this community.

Malexa

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Friday - 01-01-2010

Hello all.

Just some feedback with regards to our newest diplomatic breakthrough.

All that remains now is to organise an event to celebrate this. After that we can all gauge the reactions of the various Rheinland factions (I anticipate mixed responses from both lawful and unlawful).

This has been built up over months of positive RP encounters.
If it were a situation of low-level conflict and backbiting (like the GMG and Corsairs), this would never have happened.
To my mind, it represents a real-world outcome to an issue of historical grievances.

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - lupusnegris - 01-04-2010

Request to the Rheinland Military!

Greetings!

I wanna use a request as a bounty hunter! It seems we have more and more trouble about the huge numbers of unlaws and their capital ships. As an opinion to have enough power against them, we need to use faster and more stronger ships.

In this times, we need to use our allies chances, so we need a little help from them. The military and the hunters are working against the unlawfuls so I hope u will accept my request.

Target of the request:

Using a Fafnir bomber from Brauenschweig, with 2 torpedo launcher and 1 SNAC cannon as a bounty hunter. I think u are understand, that we need that ships power against unlawfuls, so I hope u will accept my request.

Thanks.

Sincerelly

Havoc

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Cyberanson - 01-04-2010

Besides the fact that this is the wrong place, I doubt that you will get access to our technology with a story that meagre.

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - lupusnegris - 01-04-2010

Our primary targets are normally the unlawfulls, and we saw more and more outcasts, red hessians, etc. across Sirius, so we need to do some steps against them. I understand, that u fear to give your technology to anyone, but I think this can help you to defend Rheinland too.

We saw that u have problems about unlaws so I think this is not just my interest to have that bomber.

I hope u will understand that is serve our interest, and accept my requsition...or we will need to cooperate with other house services, who can use our help against unlaws.

Sincerelly

Havoc

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Malexa - 01-04-2010

As Ventana already said, this is the wrong spot.
This is the feedback area for the official [RM] faction.

Please use THIS forum section and write your request in terms of roleplay.

You will get an answer from RMHC soon.

Thanks,
Malexa

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Vogel - 01-26-2010

I'm thinking of signing up...

.. But what's with the mixed up naming conventions though, with different ones on that page compared to those in-game?

And why not add a ".B" to the end of the bomber account, to distinguish from fighters so we know who's really what?

And RNC? Rheinland Navy Cruiser, I guess? What about RRS, Rheinland Raumarine Schiff? Or RMS (Milit?r)?

And there's a distinct lack of a merchant marine, even though we have a "transport" tag, but it's "REP", as in "Representative". To my knowledge, Republican Shipping doesn't have a dedicated player-based faction, and Daumann isn't quite a transporting business, so you can't rely on either of them like they probably would in this world. So why not institute a Rheinland merchant marine, with just a "RS" (Rheinland Shiff) tag, with military ID, that works as a player's personal transport for goods/money but could easily be drafted to perform military duties, IE the "representing", or carrying important cargo like contraband, weapons, or the spoils of war? And of course could also take proper action were it bounced by pirates; a heavily armed merchant marine is a hell of a lot less vulnerable than a bunch of civilians running around, no? To say nothing of their connection with the [RM], and thus a quick call for proper backup at the proper places. After all, that's how they did it in WW2.

Just things for consideration, perhaps.

Moved your valuable feedback to the right section.
~Malexa

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Malexa - 01-26-2010

Hey Vogel,

Thanks for your valuable feedback again.

Quote: I'm thinking of signing up...
Thats good to hear. I am looking forward to your application.

Quote:.. But what's with the mixed up naming conventions though, with different ones on that page compared to those in-game?

And why not add a ".B" to the end of the bomber account, to distinguish from fighters so we know who's really what?

And RNC? Rheinland Navy Cruiser, I guess? What about RRS, Rheinland Raumarine Schiff? Or RMS (Milit?r)?

What is mixed up? On where? Did I forget to change anything anywhere on the disco board?
I guess I know what you are talking about. Our loooooong outdated Field Manual.
I am currently burried under work, so I still try to find a volunteer to get it up to date.
We already have a naming convention for bombers and fighters.
The only thing that changed to the Field Manual is that we now have Ranks shown ingame and added the Fafnir.
Well, and the [RM-H] for the hospital and Search and Rescue vessels (Repariships).

Here a list:
[RM]Rank.First.Last (This is the Wrath. There is nothing behind the ] of the [RM] )
[RM]-Rank.First.Last (Our Bergelmir "Snubnose" Bomber. Indicated by the - behind the [RM] )
[RM]_Rank.First.Last (And our Fafnir bomber. Notice the _ behind our [RM] tag )

The RNC name comes from the NPC tradition. All Rheinland caps are named RNC if you take a look the next time you see NPC cap patrols.
The [RM] faction took this convention and implemented it a loooooong time ago.

Another list:
[RM-RNC]Shipname (Thats a Gunboat or a Cruiser. We do not split them in our convention)
[RM]Shipname (Thats a Battleship. We currently have the [RM]Ravensburg and the second battleship is still beeing build in the fleetyard. Won't spoil her name now :))

About the transport thing, well we are the Military. We outsource our transports to republican.
We still have a shared transport for our own purpose.
We won't implement a transport wing. If anyone wants to trade, join up D: (Thats Daumann) ALG, Kruger or RepEx.
They all could use the activity.

Malexa

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Valentine-Creir - 02-06-2010

Ive encountered you many times, mostly not a problem. Seem ok. But a recent incident leaves me wondering if you are competent at all. I jumped into the hamburg system, and bad luck for me, one battleship, and two RNC cruisers pop through right as i stop. I am told to halt, and me carrying slaves with a slaver ID was told to drop cargo. I RP'd with them, or at least tried to. They were obviously lolwuts, could tell in there speech and the acronyms like omg and lol. I tried to [very indiscrimintly] point out that 2 cruisers and a battleship couldnt stop me, i was in a transport. They were being turds about it tho, and finally after they realized i was right they were like "We will just keep you here until a regular ship arrives, then we can destroy you". I then proceeded for a surprise get away, dropping CMs like crazy, eventually getting away. But still, you need to teach rules and at least RP to your members. It was definately not a pleasent experience. Also, i dont know what regiment RNC are in, but i figured they are in some military division, so i hope its appropriate to post here.