Discovery Gaming Community
Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Rheinland (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=73)
+----- Forum: [RM] (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=604)
+----- Thread: Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread (/showthread.php?tid=9130)

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - mtjsmith - 06-07-2012

Gentlemen.

I am not adverse to combat. I am not even adverse to spontaneous combat.

However tonight was a joke.

We were quite publicly going to Liberty. Your Vice Admiral, and BDM gunboat, knew that. And called for en-mass reinforcements. We RP'd a bit, but simply we were not going to stand around and simply *wait* for you guys to shoot us down and backstab us.

And we got utterly utterly ganked on.

My feedback here has a point -

First:

We were not targeting the RM. While I get that you guys wanted blue msgs, and I get that you guys need activity - why not simply speak to me or Joey about setting up an event? We were two fighters and two bombers going to RP a bit and have fun in Liberty. The two fighters were Bjorn (Who hasn't flown in 3 years) and Del! That was utterly blown out of proportion when the gunboat opened up on us, then the 4 fighters going "For Rheinland!".

Second:

Failing to control your indies. A massive problem with the RNC. Those guys jump in, fire off cruiser missiles and destroy every fighter in the area. If the zoomed out turret steering gunboat, with en-mass fighters weren't enough - In comes Gepard and his goons.

Guys - Poor form. Very poor form. And I get "So what?" in PM.

Let me tell you "what".

We have little to no interest now to actually do anything at all in Rheinland.

Yesterday we fought 3v3 with the RoS and got smashed in. Nothing we could do there, a mixture of lag and lack of skill meant we lost - but at least it was a fun fair fight.

Today? We were simply looking for some good RP and an enjoyable suicidal fight in New York. Cheers. Poor form.

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Cond0r - 06-07-2012

Hello, I'll try to answer your feedback to the best of my ability.

First of all, thank you for posting here, that's why feedback threads exist.

Secondly, I am not aware if you are familiar with the laws of Rheinland or the [RM] RP. The fact that you claimed you were going to Liberty, means nothing. You were being chased via tradelanes and the rest of my squad caught up to you with thrusters, at which point you started to Snac the BDM gunboat.

Now, you chose to fly through Rheinland to get to Liberty. I fail to see why the [RM] should just stand idly by while you use our lanes to get to Liberty. And now you are here all mad, why exactly? You said, inRP that you were going to Liberty. I fail to see why we should let you use our space to get there. From all we know you could have been lying to make a strike in the heart of Rheinland.

Moving on, the only poor form showed on the field was your own. When I arrived at the scene, we had 5 Wraiths against the 4 of you. You immediately started complaining about the gank. I'm terribly sorry to disappoint you but a 4v5 isn't a gank. We all know that. If you aren't prepared to face the [RM] you shouldn't have flown through the core of Rheinland using tradelanes to get to Liberty. Not very smart on your part, really, I can't stress that enough.

When the RNC arrived at the scene I specifically told them not to fire. One of them decided to do so despite my warning and fired away a missile that hit you and killed you. I presume that is why you are mad. I'm sorry but I can't affect the indies minds, if you had indies of your own you would know that. Its pretty stupid to even bring this issue to this particular feedback. I had a talk with them which involved me yelling at them and asking them not to do so in the future encounters.

While we're at it, the RNC stopped shooting you, at which point one of your members decided to fire torpedoes at them anyway, out of frustration I presume. Instead of taking his defeat like a man, because you made a poor choice of travel, he continued to show poor form and in the end suicided. We all know you act this way all the time, but I mean come on, really? And now you come here, hmm. Well, thats fine with me.

Now let me tell you "what", buddy. The next time you decide to fly through core Rheinland space, via tradelanes, expect to get shot. And when you do get shot, and eventually killed, because you made a poor decision, don't come crying here.

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Sturmwind - 06-07-2012

I don't see the purpose of either 'points' you raised, since none of them is constructive.

If you want to RP, RP yourself out of such a situation. The fun of this game is that you have to resolve spontaneous situations with wit. But if you run, do not expect your opponents to let you go without opening fire. Even so, you were the ones to fire first, targeting the gunboat.

About charging the RM with ganking, you were attacked by 3 fighters; me, von Reims and Weissman, and a gunboat (which you attacked, so obviously it defended itself). You had bombers; should have easily taken out the gunboat with the 4 ships you had at hand. It is not our fault that you failed to employ tactics, nor that you claim that you're out of pvp practice. So am I.

About controlling the indies, it's a poor argument: You know well how generic capital ship captains of military factions need half an hour of hardcore yelling to realize that their support is not needed. They only continued firing when one of your guys went kamikaze and torpedo'd their vessels without any sound purpose. Even so, Hauptmann Keller spent the next 15 minutes yelling at them, we even got orders to scare them a little so that they abide our orders next time.

In summary:

- We tried to give you a fair fight. Your problem is that you didn't want to fight. Then avoid us, or try your precious roleplaying skills to make us go away. Again, you fired first.

- Indies cannot always be controlled and you know that. We tried. Don't blame their behavior on us, when we got them to stand down.

- Take the consequences of your actions and don't blame us when you fail to get out of a tight situation.

~Flieger A. Sulzer

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - mtjsmith - 06-07-2012

I am not crying good sir.. I am pointing out honest feedback.

You forget to mention that the BDM gunboat CD'd us moments after we arrived in New Berlin as we were flying past it in a non-threatening manner.

You also forget to mention that the BDM fired first upon us and stated something along the lines of "Now you die Communist scum".

Now as I have already pointed out, I am not adverse to a fight. But let me point something out for you. 2 bombers, 2 Insurgents are no match for a gunboat and 5 Wraiths.

And that gunboat was CD'ing and firing on us the moment we left the tradelane.

As I said - It's poor form.

As for the indie issue - I bring it up because it is important and is not something that can be swept away so easily. Indies do not respect your chain of command. I was killed by a cruiser missile *after* you exclaimed stop firing. So that's two dead very quickly, leaving Joey to be berated at as a "coward and loser" and Bjorn who as I said - Is rusty.

So "buddy" - Next time we are going to Liberty. We'll fly the quickest route but we'll stay away from your tradelanes eh? As of this moment, the SCRA now have a general "ignore" policy to Rheinland - and I am pulling out of this feedback thread. It won't go anywhere. You guys didn't break any rules, simply broke the fun of the game.

EDIT- And we most certainly did not fire first. I'm sorry on that one, but the gunboat was shooting at us as I went in for my first SNAC round.

EDIT2- Bedtime.

Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Cond0r - 06-07-2012

I think you are mixing up "honest feedback" with "realistic and constructive" feedback.

Yes I understand that we broke the fun of the game for you because we didn't play it in a way that suited you.

First of all, stop lying. The gunboat was not shooting you while we were. It stopped you because, well, you were SCRA in the core of Rheinland, again, what did you expect? Again, you said, inRP, in local chat, that you were going to Liberty. I fail to see why we should let you do so. After that, you attacked the gunboat, it defended itself. It stopped shooting you while we were shooting you. Yes he was cd'ing you, I fail to see why he should have ignored you.

The cruisers stood down after I told them to do so. The shot that was fired was fired before I started yelling at them not to shoot. They respect our chain of command just fine, as is visible from the last Hamburg raid. I'm sorry if I wont let you throw mud at my faction or the RNC for no reason.

Now, if you choose to ignore every faction when they don't play by the rules that you want them to play by, I'm afraid you will have no one to interact with. The SCRA isn't the only faction on this server, and the SCRA damn well wont dictate the [RM] how to play this game.

I also think you are mixing up inRP insults and oorp insults. I called Joeys character a coward, not Joey himself. You really should get your priorities straight.

This server doesn't exist so that the SCRA could have their own playground to have fun, or that other people could play by their rules. Keep that in mind for when you go on another "suicide" tour through Sirius, pal.

RE: Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Euca - 02-03-2014

As a member of the BDM and witness of the said fight, this was out of proportion and honestly just stupid.

This is not what should be expected from such factions.

RE: Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Ichiru - 02-03-2014

That wasn't a good fight. It was fun, but there's no reason for the 5 cruisers or whatever to still hang around when there's only a single snub left.

Not acceptable behaviour from an official faction IMO

~ VWA|Alexander.Fuchs

RE: Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Lobster - 02-03-2014

I understand that there are some sore feelings about what went on back there. I apologize for the gank, and I mean that truly. I do not like playing with people I know, appreciate, and respect, only to end up pissing them off because I did something unfair. That is something I hate doing. And today is no exception.

However, when you threaten a base, you leave me absolutely no choice. We were not fighting for fun, we were not fighting for fairness. When you say that you are going to permanently destroy an installation that belongs to men under my guidance and leadership, indies or not, I have to defend my people at all costs. I cannot abandon them or even organize a 'fair' fight. Doing so throws mud in their faces and shows them that I neither care about their hard work or respect them.

I do not like what we did in that battle. But I stand by it.

Again, I apologize, and I hope you find it in your heart to forgive us.

EDIT: I want to make it clear that the behavior shown tonight is not normal Rheinland Military Behavior. One of our core principals is to make sure that all fights involving our troops remain as fair as possible and fun for all. The behavior displayed tonight will only ever happen again when we are fighting for a base. Otherwise, it is completely unacceptable.

RE: Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Thexare - 02-03-2014

1. We were not anywhere near the base.

2. Following from point 1, your entire justification rings hollow.

Forgiveness withheld.

RE: Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Ichiru - 02-03-2014

There was no way the [RM] would've known we were at Zwickau iRP. The Wraith that saw us in Hamburg was kept in Hamburg and couldn't see the VR going to Hamburg.

I would also like to mention the fact that once the major threat was eliminated (i.e. the capships) you didn't call back any of the ships when there were only about 3 snubs left. Around 4-5 Cruisers, a Battleship, and 2 Bombers (not sure about the BHG there) are in no way suitable to keep hanging around Zwickau once the capship is gone, and is still not an appropriate response to 2 Heavy Fighters, a Bomber, a Battleship, and a Gunboat.

There's a certain way you deal with things, and calling up half of Rheinland based on knowledge you wouldn't know iRP isnt't the way you deal with it.

But oh well, it was activity I suppose