Discovery Gaming Community
Can't level up -- need help - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Can't level up -- need help (/showthread.php?tid=92617)

Can't level up -- need help - simon86ger - 01-16-2013

Hey community,

i'm new here and hoping that someone can help me with this.

I played Freelancer a lot some years ago. Now, I wanted to play it again, but my old savegames didn't exist anymore. So what I did was to get a savegame from the internet which starts after the campaign at level 23.

I'm playing Freelancer with the Discovery Mod 4.86 "The Exiles".

My problem is that I can't level up. I already played for hours, traded, explored new systems, did some mission and reach more than 2 million credits. Still level 23 and it says "Next level: Mission".

Is this a problem between the Mod and the savegame which was generated in the normal Freelancer game?

Or is it possible that the guy who provided the savegame didn't finish one of the missions in the campaign correctly? I'm thinking of the race against Hovis...

Any ideas someone?

Thanks!

Simon

RE: Can't level up -- need help - Anomander - 01-16-2013

If i remember correctly, in SP there was strict dependence between levels and missions:
mission > level > gain cash, equipment > level > mission > level > gain cash... ect...
but after instal mod the SP campaign is bugged, and You cannot finish the SP with mod.

But the question is - why You play in SP instead on one of the servers,
personally I use SP to check locations of wrecks, bases or JH - rest I do in the finnest of servers
Discovery RP 24/7 Big Grin

RE: Can't level up -- need help - Hone - 01-17-2013

Unfortunately 85 and 86 dont have SP, you need 84 or earlier to play SP with disco. Be warned, you need mad skilz. However even with 84, some things will be out of place, due to the advanced story of disco, it may be better to play SP with different mods, or no mods, and just play multiplayer with disco.

RE: Can't level up -- need help - Coin - 01-17-2013

SP isn't hard. Start again from the beginning

RE: Can't level up -- need help - Echo 7-7 - 01-17-2013

Level is determined by ship type, mounted equipment, and credits owned. There is no equipment level cap in Discovery - all you need is the money to buy it.

Echo hes talking about SP. Coin he cant do SP with disco installed.

RE: Can't level up -- need help - Echo 7-7 - 01-17-2013

(01-17-2013, 09:43 AM)Hone Wrote: Echo hes talking about SP.

So was I.

You can't "level up" any further in SP, and it would serve no purpose any way.

Quote:Is this a problem between the Mod and the savegame which was generated in the normal Freelancer game?

Or is it possible that the guy who provided the savegame didn't finish one of the missions in the campaign correctly? I'm thinking of the race against Hovis...

The Single Player campaign missions are not available when playing the Discovery mod. It is called "Open SP". The campaign was removed since many, many features of the mod conflict with the campaign balance and mission paths, rendering it unplayable.

RE: Can't level up -- need help - sindroms - 01-17-2013

SP was still available in 84, but it was brutal because of the cap weaponry. Once you undock from Manhattan and are assaulted by the Navy, you get isntad as soon as the cutscene ends.

Yeah if you wernt man enough!