Discovery Gaming Community
Disappearing Player Bases - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Other Discovery Servers (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Disappearing Player Bases (/showthread.php?tid=96578)

Pages: 1 2

Disappearing Player Bases - Bob_Chickman - 04-06-2013

Hey Dev Team, Angels, or whoever can answer my question;

We've been up and running for a while now(Starworlds) yet, suddenly, our players' bases are disappearing off of the game. Now, all of the base files are still there within the accts folder in multiplayer, it's shows the bases info for both the bases that are there and the ones that don't show, there seems to be no difference between the files. Why is this happening? There are about 15 or so player bases that cannot be accessed or seen in-game....Our players are starting to get annoyed and frustrated, as are we after countless attempts at fixing the problem. Has this happened to you guys, or do any of you have any clue as to where our problem lies?

If you could get back to me ASAP, that would be amazing;

tylerdeniscasey@hotmail.com
<SW>Radiation[Bob_Chickman] on PlayStarworlds.com Forum
<SW>Radiation[Bob] PlayStarworlds.com TeamSpeak3 Server
<SW>Radiation In-Game ==Starworlds Disco Server USA==

Thanks again for your time!

Tyler

RE: Disappearing Player Bases - KellyR - 04-12-2013

I've had this happen on my server as well. They come back when the server restarts. From what I can determine, it's caused by reloading the plugins several times in a short amount of time. At least that's when it happened on mine.

But on server restart, everything was fine.

Kelly

RE: Disappearing Player Bases - Bob_Chickman - 04-24-2013

(04-12-2013, 02:37 AM)KellyR Wrote: I've had this happen on my server as well. They come back when the server restarts. From what I can determine, it's caused by reloading the plugins several times in a short amount of time. At least that's when it happened on mine.

But on server restart, everything was fine.

Kelly

It didn't happen for us, and really, they only started disappearing on server restarts. Some bases remain, but others are gone. All of the player base files remain, but nothing is showing in game....I've tried re-installing the game completely, and the same bases appear while others are still missing. And most new bases built, disappear after the next server restart. We're losing players over this, we could really use someone's help! I realize we all have Real Life to deal with first, but This has been happening to us for over a month now. If anyone could help, I'll even send you some cash! I really need to tell our players that their bases are back. Even if I have to rebuild them all again, as long as they stop disappearing on us.

RE: Disappearing Player Bases - Bob_Chickman - 04-24-2013

While I'm at it, I seem to have lost my player base status page, can you link me to somewhere to download it? It's quite nice to see what bases there are and what health.

Also, how do you edit Cargo sizes for hyperscanners, jumpdrives, docking modules and cloaks without editing the st_equip file which screws up the game. Is there an FLHook file that could be written up to change these things?? There is a Cloak file within the FLHook plugin folder that has a Cargo line, but does not affect the cargo size of the device. Would be a nice additive to our server.

Thanks!

RE: Disappearing Player Bases - Alphablood1 - 04-26-2013

hmm havnt heard about bases disappearing like this must be a coding error in ur flhook ?

RE: Disappearing Player Bases - KellyR - 04-27-2013

Not possible to change the cargo volume of Hyperspace Scanners, Jump Drives, Cloaking devices, Docking Modules. That's set in the mod. You can change the fuel usage, and for cloaks the size of ship that can use them, but you can't change how much cargo space they take up.

I know this isn't the answer you want to hear; I'd like to change their sizes on mine as well, but that's just not one of the things that can be modified by Server ADMINS.

Kelly

RE: Disappearing Player Bases - Alphablood1 - 04-27-2013

(04-27-2013, 02:39 AM)KellyR Wrote: Not possible to change the cargo volume of Hyperspace Scanners, Jump Drives, Cloaking devices, Docking Modules. That's set in the mod. You can change the fuel usage, and for cloaks the size of ship that can use them, but you can't change how much cargo space they take up.

I know this isn't the answer you want to hear; I'd like to change their sizes on mine as well, but that's just not one of the things that can be modified by Server ADMINS.

Kelly

Unless someone develops a FL Hook Plugin to do that ^_^

RE: Disappearing Player Bases - Alphablood1 - 04-27-2013

(04-06-2013, 05:25 AM)Bob_Chickman Wrote: Hey Dev Team, Angels, or whoever can answer my question;

We've been up and running for a while now(Starworlds) yet, suddenly, our players' bases are disappearing off of the game. Now, all of the base files are still there within the accts folder in multiplayer, it's shows the bases info for both the bases that are there and the ones that don't show, there seems to be no difference between the files. Why is this happening? There are about 15 or so player bases that cannot be accessed or seen in-game....Our players are starting to get annoyed and frustrated, as are we after countless attempts at fixing the problem. Has this happened to you guys, or do any of you have any clue as to where our problem lies?

Tyler

Hmmm have u tried a full system restart like not just the FL Server like restart the whole system that should fix it

RE: Disappearing Player Bases - Bob_Chickman - 04-27-2013

(04-27-2013, 02:43 AM)Alphablood1 Wrote:
(04-06-2013, 05:25 AM)Bob_Chickman Wrote: Hey Dev Team, Angels, or whoever can answer my question;

Tyler

Hmmm have u tried a full system restart like not just the FL Server like restart the whole system that should fix it

Well, thanks for the replies, guys. Unfortunately, When I re-installed the game and mod, I restarted the machine maybe 4 times in total? lol, to install windows updates and such, so that didn't fix our problem. We think it may be our OS, though the server host says it's legitimate, there is a popup every so often that says "Windows in not genuine", lol. We're probably going to switch to another VPS soon, we'll see if that fixes the problem. When I reinstalled, I downloaded all of the recent FLhook plugins, so there's no way the problem could be there, as they did fix some of our old problems, ie; player bases not building type 2 and 3 defense platforms, undocking 100k away from everything when logging out on a player base and our docking modules work properly now, instead of only once, then saying the ship has no docking capacity. I just find it really odd the some bases show and some don't, lol. Makes no sense.

As for the equipment modifications. I was wondering if someone would write up an FLHook plugin to be able to edit equipment, even if just the volumes(Cargo Size). This I would pay for, let's say $40(CAN)(Negotiable). If any modders with the knowledge are reading this, contact me.

Thanks again,

Tyler.

RE: Disappearing Player Bases - Bob_Chickman - 04-28-2013

Oh, and the player base status...Do you know where I can get that, I've lost ours.

On a side note, Where is the new character file, to adjust starting credits and faction reps?

Thanks