Discovery Gaming Community
Tractor beam won't switch off - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Tractor beam won't switch off (/showthread.php?tid=96864)

Pages: 1 2 3

Tractor beam won't switch off - Maddox - 04-11-2013

Hi.

Any time I try to tractor something in, my tractor beam stays on indefinitely. It doesn't actually pull anything in, it just stays on. I've tried docking and undocking and disconnecting then reconnecting, but no joy.

[EDIT]
Going into another system doesn't work, either.
[/EDIT]

Any ideas?

Cheers.

RE: Tractor beam won't switch off - sajjukar - 04-11-2013

Free up your cargo hold
Shift+B

RE: Tractor beam won't switch off - Jinx - 04-11-2013

various reasons

- depending on the ship you use - you may have too many "objects" on the char - the max object count is something around 100 - 120 or so. exceeding that can cause this behaviour

object: everything that is on the char - including hardpoints like lights, equipment, weapons etc.

e.g.: an arrow LF fully equipped has (ID, thruster, CM, 2x weapons, armor, 2 docklights, 2 running lights, pilot, various other hardpoints [summed up as ~15 objects] and lets say 2 looted weapons + 10 units of water ( one object ) ... equals ~29 objects)

many larger ships can have a lot more objects on them - usually you won t have problems though - unless you tend to store a lot of different items - and/or fly a ship with excessive lights - like Persephone with 80+ running lights

another reason can be lag - that the server simply does not recognize your request for items - but the client has recognized your tractor input. - so the signal gets lost - your client doesn t get a confirmation. - in normal cases - that is more likely the casue of your problem

RE: Tractor beam won't switch off - Maddox - 04-11-2013

I'm playing on a broadband dongle and have a lot of lag problems, so it's probably that.

Cheers for all the help.

[EDIT]

Well, I emptied my cargo bay (flying a cruiser) and I'm pinging at 85 woth 0% lag and the problem persists. This is now officially really annoying.

Any help greatly received.

[/EDIT]

RE: Tractor beam won't switch off - AeternusDoleo - 04-11-2013

Would help to know what ship you're flying. Charname and ship type...

RE: Tractor beam won't switch off - Maddox - 04-13-2013

Charname Talos, shiptype AI Cruiser.

RE: Tractor beam won't switch off - Maddox - 04-17-2013

Still getting this all the time. Cargo hold all but empty, game says I'm pinging at 86 with 0% packet loss or lag.

This problem is making it all but impossible to play this character.

Cheers.

[EDIT]

I also have an AI Drone, which works fine. Looks like it's only the cruiser that has this problem.

Suggestions?

[/EDIT]

RE: Tractor beam won't switch off - Reliah - 04-17-2013

Don't just empty the commodity section of your cargo hold, but also get rid of any looted weapons or looted ammo. They all count up to the maximum amount of objects a character can have. This is usually what clogs up my characters using a capital ship. If you've already done that, your last reply seemed like you only cleared your commodity section, my bad.

RE: Tractor beam won't switch off - Maddox - 04-17-2013

I got rid of everything - didn't make that clear. Sorry.

RE: Tractor beam won't switch off - Jinx - 04-17-2013

at that point it would be important to know

- if you had once an excessive amount of money on the char that may or may not have corrupted the char data

- if it is a bug that occurs for other people with the same ship, too - to see if its on your end or the mod

other than that - there is not much we can do atm. - the ship - after checking - has not got too many objects to corrupt it - it is also not too unusually chaped or coded.