Discovery Gaming Community
Balancing Xenos in Liberty - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Discovery Mod Balance (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: Balancing Xenos in Liberty (/showthread.php?tid=98800)

Pages: 1 2

Balancing Xenos in Liberty - Evo - 05-19-2013

I've finally just decided to make a thread about this after griping to myself for a good amount of time. Xenos are extremely limited on ships, sadly to where if we want a ship with good core we must use either the Raven's Talon or Eagle in the VHF line. Both are absolutely HORRID in group fights, which is primarily most of what Liberty is.

For balance reasons, we have the Prosecutor (Sabre copy with different model) at 75% core which is understandable, although I quite wish we could somehow get 90% if using civ guns instead of black widows. While I'm hoping that the RT gets better hitboxes in .87 there's no guarantee.

Is it possible to get the 75% nerf on the prosecutor to only apply if the ship is using black widows? If not, any alternative ideas are welcome.

RE: Balancing Xenos in Liberty - Lythrilux - 05-19-2013

I'd say the problem lies on the RP with Xenos.
They wouldn't use things like borderworlds, because it's foreign etc.
And they have only one ally, which is Hellfire.
90% on Hellfire tech would be nice, back when I had a Xeener it would've been useful ;_;.
But then consider how the Prosecutor is part foreign, how does that stand with Xenos inRP?

RE: Balancing Xenos in Liberty - sindroms - 05-19-2013

I sort of disagree about not using foreign tech, if it is civilian. I cannot see the Xenos use, say, a hunter ship or a Kusarian ship. But a sabre, crow or kingfisher? Yeah.

It is the message they send with the help of ships and awesome pew pew guns, not the ship itself.

RE: Balancing Xenos in Liberty - Hone - 05-19-2013

Getting LESS nerf for not using your own guns sounds like the opposite of how this is supposed to work.

RE: Balancing Xenos in Liberty - Evo - 05-19-2013

(05-19-2013, 08:46 PM)Hone Wrote: Getting LESS nerf for not using your own guns sounds like the opposite of how this is supposed to work.

We get more nerf because of the fact that prosecutor/sabre with widows is OP.

Also, Prosecutor is not partly foreign. What it was based off may be, sure, but by that logic every single space ship is foreign.

We use Crows, that would be my favorite for a heavy fighter choice but IMO VHF's just rule the field in group pews unless you're getting targeted. Also have a few members that use marauders, those are nice.

And Spazzy, IMO, being the ultranationalists they are, I believe they would see all outside tech as inferior to Liberty made.

RE: Balancing Xenos in Liberty - aerelm - 05-20-2013

It's Xenos' ideology that's backfiring right in their face. True that Xenos only have access to Eagle, Virage, Talon and Scrapper when it comes to VHFs, but gameplay-wise no one's stopping you from hiring a modeler and getting a proper shipline submitted for Xenos. I'm sure InRP you have at least a few people who know how to ducttape hullpanels together, and if you lack the facilities, maybe ask one of your allies/friendlies? IMG comes to mind, since for some reason they keep doin that sort of charity work for other factions.

Also, Widows are gonna be a tad different in 4.87, and you'll have 100% core to the much more energy-efficient Liberty civi gun, that might change things a little bit.

RE: Balancing Xenos in Liberty - jammi - 05-20-2013

Plus the RT and Waran are being remodelled and turned into a singular line, so the shape and hitboxes will be different for both.

RE: Balancing Xenos in Liberty - Evo - 05-20-2013

True aerelm, might have to look into getting a modeler. With the benitez RP we've been doing it opens up a huge amount of possibilities, both with relations and all the extra cash we're getting.

RE: Balancing Xenos in Liberty - sindroms - 05-20-2013

(05-19-2013, 09:00 PM)Evo Wrote:
(05-19-2013, 08:46 PM)Hone Wrote: Getting LESS nerf for not using your own guns sounds like the opposite of how this is supposed to work.

And Spazzy, IMO, being the ultranationalists they are, I believe they would see all outside tech as inferior to Liberty made.

There are no liberty made ships they can fly apart from the Grizzly.

RE: Balancing Xenos in Liberty - Govedo13 - 05-21-2013

I laugh hard. Having the Widows is good enough.Civ ships aren't that bad either.
If you compare Xenos gunwise with other small and medicore unlawfulls like them they shine in tech. Go fly with Lugers or Gaia angels if you does not like Xeno stuff..