Freelancer Community Network
Freelancer in Widescreen
MillionsKnives

Freelancer in Widescreen
I launch and dock again and I still have problems with the bar going off the top of the screen. I have a 16:9 monitor(tv) that runs at 1366x768. I'm not sure if it only works properly for 16:10 or what, but it's still off for me.

EDIT: Apparently for 16:9 you want to change the value of the first fovx in Cameras.ini to 68.88
With that change it works perfectly.
03-16-2009 10:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vectr

Freelancer in Widescreen
Is there a way we can push the bottom and top bar menus, as well as the chat text to the sides of the screen ?

Laws Of Outcast Space - Outcast Handbook - Outcast Registry - Outcast Reference
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2009 11:32 AM by vectr.)
05-06-2009 11:30 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
triple88a

Freelancer in Widescreen
' Wrote:Is there a way we can push the bottom and top bar menus, as well as the chat text to the sides of the screen ?
I have been trying to in my 1920x1080 res thread on the 2nd page but i've had no luck.
05-06-2009 02:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
looqas

Freelancer in Widescreen
' Wrote:...DO NOT USE THE "OPTIONS" MENU TO CHANGE SETTINGS AFTER DOING THIS FIX--it will screw it up and usually require a repeat of the cut and paste corrections in order to restore your settings and if its messed up really bad you may not be able to see the buttons for it and have to reinstall.

Yep. Going to Option Menu is not dangerous in itself, but changing the resolution (or other display options) will mess up your new forced config.

I checked the resolution drop-menu and surprise, surprise 1680x1050 is not available after that. I also managed to mess up the color depth and such. So, it's better to not try anything having to do with display settings after you have manually edited the files.

I got out of the hot water by going to PrefOps file again and changing the screen resolution back to 1680x1050. But in worst case you need to start over by restoring the old settings from the back-up files you did before you touched and modified the .ini files.

But thanks for the tutorial. It looks very nice in my new Samsung T220.

Flying under radar.
05-13-2009 06:40 AM
EwoK

Freelancer in Widescreen
' Wrote:I have been trying to in my 1920x1080 res thread on the 2nd page but i've had no luck.
Wanna give us a link to your thread for those of us wanting to run 1920x1080?
05-30-2009 08:14 AM
akar.zaephyr

Freelancer in Widescreen
Okay, I tried that and it worked:)
Maybe the image seems to be more "squished" in horizontal now as the trade lane rings are not perfect circles but still I love smaller new player / departing player messages and stuff. Cool.

The only thing that was different is that a FONT folder, mentioned in last two steps, was not in Freelancer catalogue but in Freelancer/Data but I guess everyone figured it out themselves:)

' Wrote:yeah my spell and such sucks but i what ever
(...)
Big Grin
06-01-2009 03:49 PM
Capt. Henry Morgan

Freelancer in Widescreen
The only issue I've got is that my nav-map is zoomed out further than normal now, which makes any grid coordinates useless for me. Other than that, this works just fine for me at 1366x768.

I do wish it were possible to push the target list and weapons list to the far edges of the screen, though. It's annoying having them where they're at.

[Image: Captain-Morgan.png]
[Image: underbar_l.png][Image: underbar_c.png][Image: underbar_r.png]
06-08-2009 08:25 PM
triple88a

Freelancer in Widescreen
' Wrote:Do you guys know how to fix that bug ?

in single player create a file so you can launch to space real quick, you start it up every single time you start the game, once you're in space quit to menu and you're good to go.

if you have story mode disabled, simply click start new game and you're off.
06-26-2009 07:23 AM
ulath7

Freelancer in Widescreen
I'm running 1920x1200 with the other settings on the first page (fonts, camera settings etc). While the fonts in the cockpit windows seem a bit big (same with names of objects I target in space like lanes, other ships etc) what I am missing is the distances, and the numbers of the weapons (for instance the disruptor or countermeasure dropper). I know there are other buttons to push for them specifically, but it would be nice to see the numbers/distances... since I can never remember all the other keys in a pinch (ya I get PK'd a lot)

any clue?
06-30-2009 06:19 AM
-Zulz-
Banned

Freelancer in Widescreen
Does that trick also work for resolutions lower than 800x600? Might be useful to captre videos more smoothly?
06-30-2009 06:36 AM
User(s) browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)