Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: How does one roleplay a Zoner?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking to join an official Zoner faction, but I have no idea how that RP even works.

pls halp ;_;
The only official faction using the Zoner ID is the Phoenix.

The way I understand it, they are very close to the Order and strongly anti-nomad.
They're active mainly in the far Omicrons, although their whales can be seen anywhere.
Check out their subforum I guess.

OSI are basically just like a house shipper such as Gateway.
And TAZ are.....really weird.

Basically though, Zoner rp is extremely individualistic.
As the infocard states: "Zoners are a diverse group of individuals who, for various reasons, have decided to live in the wild and unregulated systems outside of colonial control"

A Zoner can be any kind of person, really.
What said Karst.

Also, in case of Phoenix(check the link, it's faction info, it's horrible outdated, but it's going to be changed soon). In a short, we're like vagabonds, but some of our investments indeed based in Omicrons.

All you have is to read faction information to which you are willing to join, try to understand it's role - at the end you may ask leader of selected group or just member how it's should be done, don't be shy.

Also important part of your RP is your char. You need to choose how's he's old, background and develop your char based on this. And yeah, just one thing, he's shouldn't even think to rape Sirius, the experience shows in Zoner case not really works.
Would a retired Bounty Hunter who's looking for a peaceful life be a good candidate for a Zoner?
I'm pretty sure there's at least one Zoner NPC in a bar that specifically mentions being a former hunter.
I know there's a former BAF on Freeport 10.

Basically, you can be a former anything.
And a hunter is possibly a more obvious choice than most.

So that's a definite yes.
Get a big ship, whine every time you are shot by something.

EDIT: Alternatively, get a transport and whine whenever you are shot.

EDIT2: Alternatively alternatively, get a pirate IDed ship with a zoner IFF and RP that you are an anti-house zoner, picking the pockets of any non-freelancer trader you come by for the glory of the Zoner empire.
(06-08-2013, 08:46 PM)Tal Wrote: [ -> ]Would a retired Bounty Hunter who's looking for a peaceful life be a good candidate for a Zoner?
Yeah, that's fine. Good choose, it's fun to RP if your char have roots to something.
I was pondering this question myself regarding Zoners. I am in the process of starting several character all Zoner, though playing different roles within the family.

Zero-3 has a Zoner ID and rep is fully green (flashing yellow, is this the IFF i hear about which will flag me as zoner?)
I think i may have currently messed up by trying to use a Kamome transport as it clearly kills my power rating, I haven't played Discovery for many years and its certainly changed since i last played it.

Anyway to the point Zero-3 is a trading Zoner and i've been reading about OSI and wondering if this is the way forward for the role i am currently playing as, if anyone could give me any advice i would greatly appreciate it.

With regards

Zero -3
ZONERZONERZONERZONERZONER

(06-08-2013, 09:21 PM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]Get a big ship, whine every time you are shot by something.

EDIT: Alternatively, get a transport and whine whenever you are shot.

EDIT2: Alternatively alternatively, get a pirate IDed ship with a zoner IFF and RP that you are an anti-house zoner, picking the pockets of any non-freelancer trader you come by for the glory of the Zoner empire.
LOLOLOLOLOLOL, but true.

(06-19-2013, 02:30 AM)Zero-3 Wrote: [ -> ]I was pondering this question myself regarding Zoners. I am in the process of starting several character all Zoner, though playing different roles within the family.

Zero-3 has a Zoner ID and rep is fully green (flashing yellow, is this the IFF i hear about which will flag me as zoner?)
I think i may have currently messed up by trying to use a Kamome transport as it clearly kills my power rating, I haven't played Discovery for many years and its certainly changed since i last played it.

Anyway to the point Zero-3 is a trading Zoner and i've been reading about OSI and wondering if this is the way forward for the role i am currently playing as, if anyone could give me any advice i would greatly appreciate it.

With regards

Zero -3
If Zero-3 is a trader, then OSI would be the best route.

It all depends on you. Zoners are one of the most RP friendly factions/groups. You can be a nomad hunting Phoenix zoner, an trading zoner in OSI or a Pope in the TAZ.

Though to join the TAZ, you cant just be any old cabbage.

(06-08-2013, 07:42 PM)Tal Wrote: [ -> ]I'm looking to join an official Zoner faction, but I have no idea how that RP even works.

pls halp ;_;
See my above reply.
Thread was over already, decided to keep my money and use it to buy a brand new pleasure dome.

Sorry Zoners, you don't get me.