Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Howdy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello fellow cosmonauts.
I've been searching for a good space sim with online play for a while now and finally found FL, don't event know how i could overlook it for so long.
After completing the game i found this server and mod, and well, all those rules scared me a bit to be honest (Especially the tech chart, haha), but i think its worth a try.
I'm pretty new to RP and my experience is accordingly scarce, but i'll try and do my best, just have to decide which side to pick yet Smile
Well i guess thats all, see you in open space!
Allow me to Welcome you to Disco! It's good to see new members coming in.

Now, seeing that you've already read the rules (which is a very good thing), let me assure you that it won't be that hard, nor scary, to work with them. After all they are mainly common-sense.

Then again - if you need help in any manner, or have any questions, feel free to ask and most of us (especially the Angels), will gladly give you a hand.

Anyway, good luck and have fun!
Dont worry about the tech chart, its been removed, not sure where you found it. Its been replaced with the tech nerf, which just automatically weakens your ship if you mix technology, but its not against the rules to do so. See here for info:

http://discoverygc.com/wiki/techcompat_table.php

The left column is your ID, the line along the top is the tech your using, and the box show you how much nerf it gets.

Also you dont have to pick a side, you can have a character on both!

Welcome and have fun.
Thank you!
And good to know about the nerf system, i've stumbled across the old tech chart somewhere in the guides section on the wiki first and then already wondered what the percentages on the new one meant when i saw it.
Thanks for clearing me up on this.