Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hey there, i'm new! :D
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey there Discovery-Community.

Well, i found my old Freelancer-Disks some hours ago, and decided to play it once again. Just finished installing. I'm expierienced with multiplayer, but it has been quite some time. The last time i played FL online was on the german HHC-Server, about 2 years ago i guess. I'm impressed and happy that this awesome game still has a kinda huge and active community.

I think i'll get used to everything again fast, i'd just need some help with the whole roleplay stuff, you know, just about getting into it.

I'm really looking forward to play with you ppl, see ya in space later ! Smile

Oh and btw. which version of discovery-mod should i download, which one is the most recent one?
Are there any (HD)graphic-mods which are compatible with disco, if so which one would you recommend?

Thx in advance Big Grin
Hey friend! If you want some help roleplaying I got a little group of friends who RP fairly often. I suggest considering making a wikipage for your character! It's beyond fun! I got on on my profile..read the characters! If you PM me, we can talk via skype. Maybe we can set something up? I'm sure we'd have fun!
First of all, Welcome to Disco!

Now, going trough some basics - i'd recommend you read the rules and guidelines found here on the forums as they will be very helpful. Also, if you need any help or have any questions, feel free to ask and most of us will surely lend you a hand.

Also - regarding your question about graphic mods, there is a "swag pack" found here on the forums: http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=98156

Anyway - good luck and have fun!
[Image: welcome_to_the_club.jpg]
Hey there, i'm old : D
welcome to discovery and have fun here.
4.86 is the most recent one, and regarding RP, just treat it like real life, and read the rules.
Welcome, have fun Cool
welcome, hope you will have a good time here, don't hesitate to scoop the forums, most of the stuff goes here.
Yeah welcome, it always warms the cockles of my ailing heart to see more people getting into this game.
As for Rp, start small, don't be too ambitious, and you'll suddenly find yourself in the middle of some vastly game changing political situation before the month is out! xD

A good plan is to bandy up with some other freelancers for a while and just get used to the game dynamic. The Wiki is a good resource book for the first part but you really don't want to start using it until you've done a little exploring. The Angels are always there to help out players, both new and old, so don't be afraid to ask them questions no matter how noobish you may feel doing it. Agreeing with Tel, the forum is always the best place to fill up on events ingame, both inrp and oorp-wise, along with cross-referencing the rules if you need to. But I shouldn't worry, you'll pick up most of it as you go along.

Gl and welcome to our universe.
Pages: 1 2