Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Viper MK2 -> LF ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Right after watching an episode and being overwhelmed by the urge to hump on my viper to pwn random stuff (asteroids), I realized that it is WAY to big in game:

Real viper:
(didnt found a better pic <_< )
[Image: bgs321.jpg]

its tiny!! :O

Ingame Viper:

[Image: viper.jpg]

Its huge!! :O

The LF status would fit the viper better, to be honest. In the show, this baby is extremely agile and only has two guns and eventually missiles mounted. In here its _covered_ with weapons and not exactly famous for its agility. Also, the IMG seriously lacks light fighters. We can only rely on the tigershark which is civilian though.

(and er - it would be nice if it could have a torp slot like the loki :nyam:)
true - judging by the size of cockpit compared to little guys on the ground, it could be a gunship stuff
Ships, Planets, and in-base NPCs are not even close to the right sizes.. Even LF cockpits are much, much bigger than they should be. Size shouldn't be dictating ship class. And the Viper Mk II is fine as it is.. Lets not add some more balancing we have to do to it.. We've had so many balance problems with that ship since it was put in.
While we're at it, can we see Grace Park added in the next mod?
Dusty always has the best ideas.
' Wrote:While we're at it, can we see Grace Park added in the next mod?

No more imports!!!1
But, the Viper Mk 2 is scaled correctly for the rest of discovery. The only thing it's not scaled correctly for is the show that it came from.
Looks like it could do withan overhaul anyway, I don't ever recall Vipers being that ugly.
ITS NOT UGLY!!!
I must agree, that even if it looks too big, the balance is more important, than "realism".

Also, about changing ViperMK2 to a different shipclass was brought up in the CR few months ago, although we would prefer a HF and the LF would be moddeled as a brand new model.

EDIT: Well, to the model being ugly: I noticed those texture disortions on von Gotteshands screen too.
Pages: 1 2 3