Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Guard tags
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dont know if this has been asked already but anyway

guard tags/iff's, is there any restrictions on who can or cant do this? factions/independants? is there any current advantage to doing this? and does it make other players who see you in space view your ship any differently reputation wise?

For example getting bounty hunter guild guard to the bottom of the list (flashing green), you see a zoner as neutral(white), but they see you as hostile(red)

Just wanted to know what players views/knowledge/experience in game on this was?
Anyone can go for a guard tag no restriction's, just harder to get.
Advantage. It is harder to loose a guard tag then a reg tag as it doe's not move as much killing a lone ship.
Anyone not friendly/neutral to said Guard will see you as Red.IE 90% of the people out there.
...and occasionally you will be sitting near a station minding your own business when a trader will fire on you because "you are red" and "red=criminal" (actual quotes). When he's in a transport.

And you're a Bounty Hunter. In a Gunship.

Ok thanks, that helps and explains a lot, much appreciated.

I recently got The Order Guard tag on my order (zoner) destroyer. It really doesnt have much of an effect when it comes to player interaction, and it doesnt say "guard" by your name - just says the normal faction name (which needs to be changed, IMO - if you have a guard tag it should say "Order Guard - Playername" not just "Order - Playername").

I did it out of an RP 'promotion' for my character, becoming a guard commander.
- if you have a guard tag it should say "Order Guard - Playername" not just "Order - Playername" -

Agree 110%
/signed to the Order Guard

Tenabras has been order guard to the end of time and it will stay that way!
/signed

It would help a lot of the "oh look a hostile" issues. You wouldn't believe how many otherwise law abiding citizens have fired on Detective Frank Quinn of the LPI. Isn't that right, Zapp?