Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Dusted off my copy of freelancer a few days ago.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello community.

As the title suggests, I recently reinstalled Freelancer out of nostalgia. To my surprise there are still servers running; running quite strongly all things considered.

I have a fair history of proper RP gaming, mostly of a Star Wars or pen and paper bent, but was bit by the bug to try my hand at it once more. Although demands of work and a social life will likely render me an occasional player, I do hope that will not be too much of a problem.

In all, I am anticipating an enjoyable experience however long it is, and I am glad to make the acquaintance of you lot of gamers.

Edit: Currently I am operating under the handle "Mark.Locust" in server, and have yet to dedicate myself to any particular group. Any suggestions or comments are perfectly welcome in this regard. Certainly a bio would occur upon such a decision. However at the moment I cannot fully guage the activity level of various groups and do not want to wind up joining a super low pop group for my first outing. For instance, I do not imagine that the Xenos are a terribly active choice, however rewarding the potential RP might be.
Welcome aboard!
Well - first of all, Welcome to Disco!

Now, i'd suggest you read the rules and guidelines found here on the forum as they will be most helpful, then of course if you need any clarification or have any questions, feel free to ask. Most of us (especially the Angels) are always eager to help.

Regarding your faction choice - i'd suggest you go for whatever suits your RP style more, but then again, if you're looking for activity feel free to check this: http://discoverygc.com/forums/serverinte...ion_status

All in all, i'd say every faction is special in it's own way, so it's mainly a choice of how you want to do things.

Other than this - good luck and have fun!
Welcome aboard,

enjoy what Disco can offer you, participate in RP and discover all the new stuff you barely haven't seen before.

(06-18-2013, 05:29 AM)The_Normal_Anomaly Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: Currently I am operating under the handle "Mark.Locust" in server, and have yet to dedicate myself to any particular group. Any suggestions or comments are perfectly welcome in this regard
(06-18-2013, 07:23 AM)Johnathan Nox Carter Wrote: [ -> ]Regarding your faction choice - i'd suggest you go for whatever suits your RP style more[...]

A good first step is to remember your time in single player, was there a NPC faction you liked most, you felt closer to than the others? If yes, that's usually a very good way to start with. After a while you'll meet a lot of other players, independent or in a faction, you can either - if rule-wise allowed - go along with or you'll think about another character to join with.
Welcome! Have a beer fun here!
Heh - good luck with these guys. I'll suggest to stay away as much as possible from the forums.
Welcome here ,because here have fun Big Grin.