Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Cloaks and Nomads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I really doubt any of this will happen first off but it still seemed like I should post this.

Nomads, currently can get cloaks...but the way to use them is completely oorp and annoying.
I really suggest we give nomads a fuel. maybe not the best fuel like MOX but a we make Liquid Cardimine == H-fuel. it would make the commodity have a use. and it would benefit all nomads who use cloaks.
I know this has been discussed time and time again
but this really shouldn't be that hard to implement.
In all honesty this will give no advantage over other "human" players in any way as human players can have cloaks
People should understand that nomad tech is honestly not amazing or anything special, just a purple gun effect, some people would say its worse.
For or the record RP>PvP Discovery shouldn't be a PvP oriented server... it's a RP server. but this doesn't change anything.

Now what could be wrong with letting nomads have cloak fuel,

anyway...discuss
1.) A proposal to implement something doesn't seem to belong to the Balance forums to me.
2.) There are several similar topics out there discussing this very same thing, and your idea has been suggested and has been agreed with as well, by several people already, including me (the agreeing part).
Offtop:

Nomad tech has the most destructible guns. Compare their damage with damage of human guns.
(06-19-2013, 07:54 PM)Thyrzul Wrote: [ -> ]
1.) A proposal to implement something doesn't seem to belong to the Balance forums to me.
2.) There are several similar topics out there discussing this very same thing, and your idea has been suggested and has been agreed with as well, by several people already, including me (the agreeing part).

I Thought it would have belonged in balance....but if a mod could move it to where it belongs i would appreciate it.
last I heard liquid cardamine was now a working cloak fuel and essentially nobody in the k'hara knew about it because the devs decided to do it without telling anyone. the process to get cloaks is still completely oorp though but that would be expecting too much.
(06-19-2013, 08:21 PM)belarusich Wrote: [ -> ]Offtop:

Nomad tech has the most destructible guns. Compare their damage with damage of human guns.

On gunboats and up - Nonsense. Use DPS comparsion.
They're either on same level as some Sirius guns, or inferior, due to lower refire rate with same DPS. In some cases have they negligible DPS advantage (like, 18.5k on Sirius vs 18.75 on Nomad cruiser cerbs) They do have better DPE on gunboat and cruiser guns, at the cost of their access to solarises, all kinds of missiles, normal mortars, pulses (well, people rarely use these anyway), and, most importantly - HUGE ship sizes.

So unless you're sniping some snubs with your prims, nomad guns aren't that great on ships, that are largely using cloaks. I won't be commenting on fighters, obviously (since I dont fly em).
nomad weapons are not that good indeed. Like some said devs make PvP balance these days. Still wonder why as it is an RP server why would someone balance it PvP wise? Would make no sense in my view. But to what you want to compare it? what SHOULD have the best tech for example gunwise? or powerwise? such things could give big problems.

Nomads should have a cloak. As i suggested a while back based upon its powercore. infinite cloak. But when uncloaking your power is just down like when you are cruising. But instead of taking some time to regen it automaticly has to regen. That was my suggestion instead of Fuel what you can ONLY buy on Dur for example. But also another thing arise then.. Wilde with cloaks. As they have the same issue.
Offtop:

DPS is nothing when nomnom guns oneshot you, instead of human guns...
(06-20-2013, 10:45 AM)belarusich Wrote: [ -> ]Offtop:

DPS is nothing when nomnom guns oneshot you, instead of human guns...

only strong thing noms still have is the nomad torp. For on fighters. Do not forget they do not have shieldbusters for example. So no you are wrong. Also as meantioned before the ship sizes are HUGE. Look at the nomad cruiser (irra) its a huge ship. Even some BS ships are smaller then it and much stronger. So that it has a littlebit more power then a usual cruiser would make sense if not only due to that damn size. I guess if you compare this you have to buff the cruiser big time if you see the Kusari battlecruiser for example. as it is smaller i believe.