Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: No sound For Freelancer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can anyone help me? I have no sound in freelancer for some reason and I tried to fix it but it hasn't really worked out great. The only sound am getting from freelancer is the weapons sound. It would be really great if anyone can help me!
And how you tried to fix that?
Microsoft support says that to solve this problem with Freelancer 1.0 you should to delete and reinstall Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 Codec. (installer called wmfdist.exe and it is located in Redist folder of original Freelancer CD).

After deleting Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 Codec you should to reload computer and after it to install wmfdist.exe

edit: also try to use google
(06-22-2013, 02:39 PM)Ascalon Wrote: [ -> ]Microsoft support says that to solve this problem with Freelancer 1.0 you should to delete and reinstall Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 Codec. (installer called wmfdist.exe and it is located in Redist folder of original Freelancer CD).

After deleting Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 Codec you should to reload computer and after it to install wmfdist.exe

edit: also try to use google

For some reason the wmfdist.exe doesn't work.
Anyone else have any solution?
well.. a fresh install of FREELANCER and Discovery 4.86 patch would work perfectly .. You don't need to update Freelancer.. just install it from cd .. or where you got it from .. and then install Disco 4.86.. nothing more.. and it should work perfectly ... // btw check options in game at audio.. .. i hope it helps..
or just a thought, have you got a 5.1 speaker setup? and you set you windows to 5.1 and using headphone, i had similar problem with alot of sounds not heard

just a thought
(06-22-2013, 08:18 PM)g200 Wrote: [ -> ]well.. a fresh install of FREELANCER and Discovery 4.86 patch would work perfectly .. You don't need to update Freelancer.. just install it from cd .. or where you got it from .. and then install Disco 4.86.. nothing more.. and it should work perfectly ... // btw check options in game at audio.. .. i hope it helps..

I already tried that about 3 times.
(06-23-2013, 11:54 AM)Drake_KanThor Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-22-2013, 08:18 PM)g200 Wrote: [ -> ]well.. a fresh install of FREELANCER and Discovery 4.86 patch would work perfectly .. You don't need to update Freelancer.. just install it from cd .. or where you got it from .. and then install Disco 4.86.. nothing more.. and it should work perfectly ... // btw check options in game at audio.. .. i hope it helps..

I already tried that about 3 times.

There is a readme.rtf file on your freelancer cd with this kind of problems...i'm not home now to give you the file , but I can give you a link to solve your problem. Here is the link http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/freelan...11183.html i hope it helps.
Greetings,

I am very happy to be able to finally respond to this, as it has been an issue that has plagued me for over a year now, and I have finally resolved it.

I am no expert, but I hereby present to you the steps which led to 100% working sounds in my Windows 8.1/AMD computer.

1A) UNINSTALL (do not merely delete) Freelancer. Rationale: This will properly delete all relevant Freelancer registry entries.

1B) Reboot your computer. This "locks in" and saves your registry changes.

2A) Go to Windows/System32 in your local OS hard drive disk. Find l3codeca.acm and l3codeca.acm.mui and DELETE them both, but DO NOT DELETE l3codecp.acm. Rationale: The l3codec is a rather outdated but outstanding audio codec, named Fraunhoffer Layer 3. Unfortunately, the newer, "Advanced Fraunhoffer Layer 3 (l3codeca.acm)" sucks, it's broken. The original "Professional Fraunhoffer Layer 3 (l3codecp.acm)" is what you want to restore audio codec associations to, which is why you're leaving l3codecp.acm intact.

2B) Download and run this well-written and very simple program, which will automatically fiddle with your system registry: http://www.komeil.com/download/264. I got it from here.

3A) Reboot your computer again.

3B) Re-install Freelancer.

3C) Install your favorite (Discovery) Freelancer mod if you want.

3D) Enjoy fully-functional Freelancer audio again!

Cheers
Pages: 1 2