Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hey there!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey!
I absolutely loved Freelancer when it came out, and it so happened that an acquaintance of mine mentioned he was playing it online after all those years, prompting me to the server.
I have to say, I absolutely love what I'm seeing!

For the first few days I was kinda hopeless, trying to figure stuff out on the fly (literally) in game, but a fella pointed me to a Beginner's Guide you lot have posted here, and it's been quite helpful.

I really enjoy writing fiction for a hobby too, and I'll be looking forward to writing RP after I acquaint myself with the lore, which is kinda huge to be honest.

So, see you in space!
First of all - Welcome to Disco!

Now, since you're new, i'd recommend you give a read to the rules and guidelines around here (though you seem to have done that already, i guess)... as they' help you very much. Also, if you need anything or have any questions, please just say. Most of us (especially the Angels) will gladly help, either via forums/skype or in-game.

Aside from that, seeing you're excited about the RP, i can tell you won't be disappointed, just find what suits you best and have as much fun as you want. Wink

Good luck!
I learnt a lot of practical stuff from my friend, (his username is grayish_jedi if you know him, rarely logs on now I guess) but i'm not exactly ceratin of the rules, I'll give them a good read later today!

I was wondering if you could point me to any RP-rich factions, so I can start reading up on their history.
First of all, Welcome to Disco.
Read all the rules, under stand the RP, get your PvP skills trained enough, and theres a lot of stuff to do.
Now as for the RP factions, you can see theres an drop down option on the down right corner, there you scroll up and down and you will see the official faction's sections.Go there and click on the faction's info thread.
And you will find the history.
Hai and welcome. Nice to see somebody that likes writing fiction Big Grin

And considering RP-rich.. That I can't tell really. All I can say is that Nomads are one but the way they talk is different so it might be kind of hard to get a hang on if you're ever gonna consider joining.

Otherwise follow what Seadra said and have some fun =)
To be fair, you can't really say a faction has more RP than others. Technically it's all about how the player acts within a faction that limits his/her RP.

I will admit there are a few factions whom, so far, have proven to be more PvP-oriented, perhaps... but aside from that, each faction has it's own unique RP and i would recommend that you choose one which fits your style of RP.

Feel free to share a few thoughts about how you'd like your character to be or what would you imagine yourself RP-ing... and perhaps then we could suggest a few factions.

(06-27-2013, 07:12 PM)Syf257 Wrote: [ -> ]Nice to see somebody that likes writing fiction Big Grin
Just because others don't talk about it - it doesn't mean it's not happening. Tongue
I've been toying around with the idea of a cop turned wild vigilante by the death of his partner for a while, and I'm pretty sure I can adjust that character to be an in-game cop from some house. The vigilante part may be a bit hectic, I understand the IDs are quite limitng, from what I read at the Rules section.

Another problem I see with that is that I'd probably have to back my words with lead, or, better suited to this case, plasma, if I decide to cleanse Sirius of the scum, and I can reassure you my fighting skills are, well, nonexistant.

A more peaceful character of the working class may be more suited for me.
Nobody says you can't RP a cop (or some military kind of person) if you aren't good in PvP... after all, PvP skills are gained and developed.

Still, if you're looking for something that leans towards a peaceful life (more or less) - make yourself a miner or a trader. Usually that would be a fair way of doing things...

Then again, possibilities are rather endless, even if they seem not to be because of IDs. All you need is to have some imagination. Wink
Hi,
This is Jamwal Suriya and i am a forum poster.
I came to learn something from you guys and i know you guys defiantly help me.
We will take this forum up above the sky.Hope we will enjoy this forum a lot.
First of all welcome here.
I think we be good friends,
And have fun on game,
And on forum too Big Grin..
Pages: 1 2