Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Need some modeling help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HI!

I've been working on a spatial concept, and while I know that the "official" model has already been chosen, I'm still doing it for the fun of it, and because I'm hoping eventually, maybe I'll be good enough to submit a ship, and have it accepted.

Currently, I have the basic modeling down in sketchup. Despite this I can't get the texturing to appear how I want it, or, rather, how it would look in game.

I also need help with engine modeling. I've seen / been researching current ship engines / ship engines in general, and I still have yet to create, or mimic something I like.

If anyone can help me with either, that would be great.

Here is what I have so far. I stopped working on most models and have only been focusing on 2.

Here are the 3d Models:
Spatial - SHF Base
Spatial - Freighter Base

Here are some 2d to show what I see in sketchup / texturing:
[Image: Spatial03TextureTest1_zps31fde4fe.jpg]
[Image: SpatialBase03Texturetest2_zps58185dba.jpg]
[Image: SpatialBase03TexturetestTexture_zpsde55ca36.jpg]

Any help would be appreciated, I have skype / ts3 / vent if voice comms is your thing.

Skype is same as my forum name.

-Errant
Scale up texture image, so then you can edit the position of it at each fave by right-click at face and selecting something like "edit texture position".
I don't have my pc now, so manuals will be more useful.

Also after finishing the promised models I am going to give up the Sketchup and work with Blender. I wish I start with it...
Blender has more advantages, it is free and cross-platform, so it is essential to switch to it.

Sketchup is good for Push and pull modelling and it has point-to-point accuracy, but still the main issue is a licence.

I'd suggest you go tottaly hardcore and start learning Blender, because (as in my case) once you'll master the Sketchup, you will feel complications learning something else.
That is why I suggest us to switch to Blender asap.
I got blender, but I'm currently trying to accustom myself to it...coming from point / click, to hot keys is my current bane lol. Thanks for the support Swallow