Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Game of Zones. (Contains Game of Thrones spoilers, up to season 2.)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The whole recent Zoner events, combined with my boredom at work, made me write down this little thing between two costumers. It's probably full of spoilers, so go awat if you didn't watch the series. It's also probably pretty crappy since I'm half-assingly writting it at work, but oh well.

The Game of Zones is set in the fictional territory of Sirius, where a group of dysfunctional characters try to duke it out to get on top of the food chain and become the most influential Zoners, and take control of the Eleven Freeports.

[Image: robert-baratheon-game-of-thrones-1762974...88x288.jpg]

The Unifying Leader.

The Unifying Leader rules over the Eleven Freeports, but he's getting tired of the game, especially since all of his 2iCs keep leaving him, eventually getting sick of it all and leaving the game, in the end. Gets removed by plotting Skypelancers, to have him replaced by their endoctrined newbie that they'll be able to control.

[Image: tumblr_inline_mhnvuqkx1W1qz4rgp.jpg]

The Skype circlejerkers

A group of close friends who try to keep control of the Zoners through subtler ways than in-game roleplay, not backing down from dirty tricks such as trash talking other players, bribery, rule bending, etc. Eventually manage to replace the Unifying Leader with a puppet, which destabilizes the Eleven Freeports But hey, at least they control everything, right?

[Image: 300px-Joffrey_Baratheon.PNG]

The Mad Puppet

Except the puppet goes out of control once they get the power. Their views on everything is quite radical, which infuriates quite a few people of the Eleven Freeports. Suddenly, Zoners are on the verge of killing each others.

[Image: Eddard-Stark-house-stark-24506349-500-333.jpg]

The Voice of Reason

Steps in the Voice of Reason, perhaps a good friend of the former Unifying Leader, who tries to intervene and expose the Mad Puppet for what he really is. Quickly gets silenced by how radical the Puppet is, much to the chagrin of most Zoners.

[Image: 2945115-robb_stark.jpg]

The Splinter Faction

Since no one will listen to common sense, the Eleven Freeports begin plotting to overthrow the Mad Puppet, beginning with members of the Puppet's own faction who take away a few loyal members to make a "new and better" Zoner faction, free from the influence of the Puppet.

[Image: Targaryen-daenerys-targaryen.jpg]

The OORP deals faction

Long ago, in the distant times of 2008-2009, this group of Zoners was relevant to the server, before being removed by the Unifying Leader by force or whatever. Now living across the Narrow Minefield in Gallia, they try to convince a few unrelated factions to assist them in their takeover of the Eleven Freeports. Unofrtunately for them, they're hesistant to do such as Gallic ships do not run on H-Fuel, which makes them quite supersticious.

[Image: StannisBaratheon-02.jpg]

The Veteran

They know the game. They know the faction. They know the role of it in the greater scheme of things. For all purposes, they're probably the best people who could lead the Zoners. They just don't have the support to take over the Freeports away from the Puppet, due to improper Skypelancing.

[Image: renly-baratheon.jpg]

The newbie faction

These guys just are in the melee, thinking that the confusion of all the different Zoners duking it out will give them a chance of winning and taking over the Eleven Freeports. Gets horribly wiped out early in the conflict as a result.

[Image: Tom-Wlaschiha-as-Jaqen-Hghar-Game-of-Thr...ot-com.jpg]

Special Mention: The /renameme mercenary

A man tries to act like they're honorable and balance life and death, but really, a man is just a profiteering bastard.

Feel free to keep on or whatever. Back to work for me now.
That's actually fairly funny.

Good job there Big Grin
Whos the voice of reason ? The picture does not load for me

And lawl
(06-30-2013, 01:44 PM)vanalvo Wrote: [ -> ]Whos the voice of reason ? The picture does not load for me.

And lawl

Eddard Stark
Ha! I love it!
Not bad, not bad at all
After some thought, I concluded that you should probably put Bronn up there representing the Reavers.
(06-30-2013, 07:15 PM)Rodent Wrote: [ -> ]After some thought, I concluded that you should probably put Bronn up there representing the Reavers.

Yes, but Bronn has some sense of loyalty, as minimal as it may be. 8I
I wonder where I fit inside this comparison thread.
hodor
Pages: 1 2