Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Question about non-english players
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there.

I wanted to make this post just to ask you how you feel about the non-english players who cannot read or type english. This means they are incapeable to roleplay or even chat with us who use english.
I myself am not native english-speaker but I guess I will do decently enough to manage.

Main reason for me to create this topic is because I was PK'ed (player killed) without any Roleplay earlier today by Dzengelenge and he did not seem to even comprehend when I tried to communicate with him using english and tell him that he cannot just go and attack a freelance ID player on sight.

I unfourtunately did not manage to get any screenshots because my ship was butchered within 3 seconds which I used to try to send a message to him and ask him 'wtf he was doing and if he even knew the rules'

Also I find it odd that my report of the player was simply deleted and I did not even get any response.

I look foward to hearing your responses to this topic.

-Kelloth-
he was just a troll, he probably heard you but ignored you.
Many, and I do say many, people here cannot type English properly. If they do, they are called lolwuts, are ridiculed and constantly trolled because of it. They, however, know the server rules and can play with friends and have fun.

Do not know english or how to RP? K, no worries.
Obey the rules, make sure your lack of RP does not hurt others, nobody will touch you.
Some =LSF= told me that that player did this to them as well.....
But dunno who is he......Since hes not only kill hostiles but every one.....might be *o* or *e*B**** or no one.
I've crossed him before. The Tau's are full of these people that endlessly re-engage and don't seem to understand English.

If it's bothering you that much, simply report them and they'll be dealt with. Otherwise, enjoy killing them over and over again Wink
(07-07-2013, 03:30 PM)Kelloth Wrote: [ -> ]Also I find it odd that my report of the player was simply deleted and I did not even get any response.

It won't have been deleted. The reports sub forum automatically hides reports so that other players can't read them. Only admins (and probably mods) can read them.
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=2334

3.2 All messages in system chat must be in understandable English.

5.2 All attacks must be the result of some form of role play. "Engaging" is not sufficient. An attack is any hostile action that drains shields to less than 50%. Being hit with a CD is not considered an attack. If a player is attacked he has a right to defend himself regardless of who is attacking.
Give those people their setmsg back so they can drop the line or two. Irony.

Maybe ban them?
(07-07-2013, 03:37 PM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]Do not know english or how to RP? K, no worries.
Obey the rules, make sure your lack of RP does not hurt others, nobody will touch you.

pretty much this.