Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: what's the corsair ZoI?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I can't find a detailed list telling me what it is, I only get stuff for the official factions at least.
Roughly Bretonia, Omegas, Rheinland, sigmas and omicrons.

Corsair Capitol ships are restricted by the corsair laws. Not the server rules.
(07-05-2013, 05:45 PM)SummerMcLovin Wrote: [ -> ]Corsairs have a slightly smaller ZoI, which I've thought of as anywhere except the Taus, Gallia and Liberty.
This is what I said a few times on Skype and in a thread asking about Outcast ZoI.

Matches fairly well with what Slavik said. It isn't actually defined and is supposedly set by the official factions. Depends how well you think you can trust them to be sensible.
Also, add to Slavik's message:

Honshu!!
Yeah for some reason there's never been "hardcoded" ZOI's, it's always relied on the official faction's definition of ZOI and with usual RP repercussions if you go out of it. However some ID's mention ZOI as well, and then we are in the realm of rules (=/= Official Faction roleplay definitions), yet there's still no concrete definition.

Some say just to follow official faction guidelines, others say it's where the NPC's are + 1 system further. I do a bit of both and apply some common sense and haven't found myself in (too much) trouble yet.

We could really do with some strictly defined ZOI's for all factions/ID's. For instance I just got gibbed by a Bretonian cruiser camping the T23/T37 jumphole - apparantly I was carrying contraband, notwithstanding that we are far away from Bretonian territory (however BAF are fighting GRN in T31, 1 system away). There's no rule to cover me, even though the baffer's actions defies all logic.

So ye, hardcoded ZOI's pls - even an alleged "faction hater" such as myself wouldn't mind if the Official Faction ZOI regulations were enforced by rules.

EDIT: Thanks for that link, it seems my dream came true Big Grin
Zone of Influence: Bretonia, Omegas, Sigmas, Omicrons, Honshu, Frankfurt, Munich, Stuttgart, Dresden

as defined here: http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=98543
just do a ctrl+F and type in Corsairs ID
Thats just a proposal for the next version though.

Rule of Thumb is one system past a system containing your NPCs
Where ever sairs npcs are.
Sairs just can't go to lolberty and taus while casts can't go to rheinland and omegas.
That's all, the rest of the systems are considered in their ZOI, some one correct me if i am wrong.
Neither the Corsairs nor the Outcasts have a defined ZOI for the purpose of the rules. The factions have stated policies about it, but that's not rules
You ''can'' go to Taus on Corsair, but you will get slapped by Corsair court. While you can get actual sanction, breaking common sense ZOI for your character will not give you much love and friends from your faction. Especially officials wont be happy if they will recieve reports about you doing things out of ZOI...
Pages: 1 2 3 4