Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: who banned me?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anybody tell me who banned me? cuz igiss says he isnt responsible

char _icarus_
The cheat detections software is going haywire lately. Make a post in the Ban Appeals thread (Under RP 24/7 Rules) and wait the requisite time.
no-one intentionally banned you, if they had there would be a sanction report about it. post in the thread eppy states, and they will unban you if you are innocent.
Same question here !!..why am i banned
And the same answer... Look at sanction reports and if you can't find yourself there, post in the thread indicated above.
been banned for 3 days now..:angry:.....am not in the sanctioned reports
Hello, My account name is ShadowSonic

Yes there has been a large amout of bans with the new anti-cheat. My guess is that it's a pretty old anti cheat where it was made before all these cool ships were avaliable . And if your using one of those ships, it bans you. I got banned for having gone through the Colorado jumpgate while with Red Lag. I found out by one of my friends that if you go through a jump gate with red lag it makes the server think you were speed modding.So if you look in my post titled, Banned for no apparent reason. You will see that your not alone.
I got an email early this morning from one admin Asking what my account name was. I have been banned for 2 and a half days now. I sent it back with my account name and it has been 6 hours and still no response:angry:

Once again my account that was unfairly and unjustly banned is ShadowSonic

One again that is ShadowSonic

And to top it all off my account name is ShadowSonic

I have been wating a long time to get unbanned and people are ignoring me!
6 hours? That's nothing. The Admins are a small group. They have to keep track of a community with tens of thousands of character files, they have to uphold the server rules and churn through the countless sanction reports, they have to try keep the server stable and above all of course, they have to keep the community happy while doing it (To no benefit of their own other than respect etc.)

Now if you had that job, plus all the rest of your life apart from Freelancer (A lot of people only have 2 or 3 hours at most for free time), would you be able to fix the server that is based on dodgy coding to begin with AND do all of the above? While also catering to everyone shouting about being banned unfairly?
Quote:Linkus Posted Today, 08:19 PM
Now if you had that job, plus all the rest of your life apart from Freelancer (A lot of people only have 2 or 3 hours at most for free time), would you be able to fix the server that is based on dodgy coding to begin with AND do all of the above? While also catering to everyone shouting about being banned unfairly?

They all have real lives too, Some people in the community may still be in school and have the summer off, but the admins and alot of the community are adults.

Quote:Xoria Today, 08:07 PM
4. Be patient when making requests of the Admins. We are adults. We have mortgages, jobs, and real life responsibilities. Do not expect less than 24 hours to pass before you get a reply to anything you request of an Admin through PM. Wait at least 3 or 4 days before sending your request again.

So just chill out guys, I know its frusterating to want to play and you cant. But really pissing the admins off by constantly barraging them isnt going to solve the problem.

If you still want to post about this I encourage you to read this first:
How to Respect Your Admins
unbanned yaaaay!!