Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Ship request?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First, hi everybody! *waits for inevitable "Hi Doctor Nick"'s, but hears only crickets* Ahem. I've been a Freelancer player for a while now, and the Discover mod is one of the coolest things ever. I'd honestly be out there flying with you guys online if I wasn't restricted to dial up internet most of the time. Anyway. I love the new ships that came with the mod, especially the Arwing and the Raven's Claw from Star Wars Jedi Outcast, though the Invisible Hand(Grievous' ship from RotS) and the Dominion Attack Ship caught me a bit off guard. Especially the first time I used the Invisible Hand and ended up turning the entire New York system against me.

Anyway, I'm getting off of my topic here. I was wondering why one of the pioneering vessels in Sci-fi history was absent from this mod. Of course, I'm referring to the Gunstar from The Last Starfighter. So, I turn to you, modders and your navi....errrrr....computers. Has anyone created a Gunstar for use in Freelancer? Is it actually in there and I just missed it? Can anyone help this poor pilot without an awesome weapon of destruction?
Before anyone else puts it more harshly, people complain enough about the imported ships we already have. In fact, some of them are getting replaced soon, I hear.

I think it's safe to say no more imported ships will be added.
igiss doesnt want anymore 'import' ships, we're trying to convert all the extra ships here into custom made models by the players.
So, basically no huh?
:yes:
Hmmm...is there maybe another mod that has the Gunstar? It just seems a shame that such a classic ship didn't receive the Freelancer treatment...
What about the prospect of adding starlancer ships? Its all from the same time line.:happy:
actually i would not find the starlancer ships such a bad proposal low to midrange fighters distributed throughout sirius a very good concept there.