Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: what freelancer was supposed to look like
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3opK9ukMe0

well this is what freelancer was supposed to look like, before they cut all this cool stuff out.
Yeah... so much was changed, or deemed too ambitious and cut out. The original company ended up selling out to Microsoft due to lack of funds, and we have Freelancer as it is today.
It would be cool if we could see all the cut movies from the original concept though...
Bloody Microsoft...

Well, as for the eyecandy part. Like the red star, hawt JG, *Points to Plasmafire*
They still have it.
I knew it!! Beam weapons and the Defender wings fold in and out! I knew it all along!

Seriously though, the cut scenes are far crisper, so are the background stars and nebulae, not to mention the story seems to be a lot different in the trailer compared to what we put up with today.

Was that a neutron star in there as well? The black sun with spinning lights? Looks far cooler than the rock ofradiation fumes that instills sterility amongst all that see it.

Ah Digital Anvil, I weep for your imagination and soul:(
Yes I know the movie ....as you see , the defender had 1 engine and it was a red engine :laugh:
ME wants defender with folding wings!! i know microsoft is too lazy those missions would have been wayy better.
' Wrote:Was that a neutron star in there as well? The black sun with spinning lights? Looks far cooler than the rock ofradiation fumes that instills sterility amongst all that see it.

*Points at Plasmafire*
Hawt damn! Defender with folding wings! I also spotted numerous SP sences, probably the ones that were cut out after the current SP finishes? The crash landing was cool as well. Why couldn't Microsoft include proper atmospheric flight? And also Trents face texture looked pretty messed up...
I kinda doubt thats trent...:mellow:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6