Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Discovery 4.87 Tech Compatibility Chart Draft
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
[Discovery 4.87 Technology Compatibility Chart]

Since there's been some changes in regards to the tech chart, here's an advance notice for people who either currently own such a combination, or were planing to buy one once the new mod was out.

Some notes regarding the new chart:

» The new technerf system which was previously announced will not be implemented in the initial release, so until the new system is ready and bug-free, things will be running the same as they did in 4.86.

» If a certain cell (or lack of it, for that matter) seems out of ordinary, it may either be the result of the story progression of the new version, or simply because I messed it up. Either way, point it out and it'll be reviewed.

» The link you can find in the second post is only a draft, as specified in the thread title, and any cell listed in the sheet is subject to change, so don't consider this sheet final until the actual release.

» Split of house civilian ships into 2 subgroups: "Light" civilian ships of each house are generally the house transports of 3.6k or lower cargo space, and any lower level ship of the civilian market belonging to that house. "Heavy" civilian ships of the house are generally the battletransport and supertransport of that house.

» Split of faction ships into 2 subgroups: Gunboats and any smaller ship belonging to a faction is listed under the regular faction ships cell, and any larger ship falls under the capital ships cell of that faction.

» Corsair & Allies shared tech: A cell similar to the generic unlawful transport line (Ptrans, Ptrain, etc) but shared only between Corsairs and their allies. The cell specifically consists of Correo, Armicustos and Raba.

» Even though certain factions now share certain techs with each other, it does not effect the InRP ownership of that piece of equipment. Also, to avoid any confusions in case of Rogue/Molly ships, separate cells are only added to show the diplomacy regarding that tech cell, otherwise they still use the same cell to avoid nerf rate conflicts.

» Player Faction IDs are not listed. Those will be adjusted by the admins team after the mod release. For now I've updated their IDs according to the requests they posted.
Rages and flames are also strongly encouraged.
Feel free to comment on, discuss, or ask any questions you may have regarding the new chart.

-- Discovery 4.87 Technology Compatibility Chart --
Last Update: 21 Oct 2013, revision 14

Maybe this was discussed elsewhere and I missed it, but I noticed cells for cap ships. Are there going to be full nerfs now for Capital ships of one faction using ID's of a different faction? Or is it something else that is being worked on?
House civilian guns are 75% on generic IDs?

Please inform me why the hell you think that's a good idea.

EDIT: The Xenos have Hellfire Legion caps? They're too yokelish to operate a goddamned forklift. I can't see how the hell this makes sense.

EDIT2: I am having conversations with multiple HF members who do not like this at all. Might wanna fix that.

EDIT3: inb4 VR tears qq harder
Question:

Where's the S.C.R.A. ID Cell?

Was it merged with the Coalition Cell? Because if it was then that may be an issue as Indies can't use anything over Gunboats. 0_o
(07-25-2013, 04:38 AM)Kazinsal Wrote: [ -> ]House civilian guns are 75% on generic IDs?

EDIT: The Xenos have Hellfire Legion caps? They're too yokelish to operate a goddamned forklift. I can't see how the hell this makes sense.

EDIT2: I am having conversations with multiple HF members who do not like this at all. Might wanna fix that.

House Civilian are perhaps more aptly named House Corporate, as they are the manufacturers and intended primary users of said weapons.

Freelancers still have their Flashpoints, PGs, Codenames.

Quote:Question:

Where's the S.C.R.A. ID Cell?

Was it merged with the Coalition Cell? Because if it was then that may be an issue as Indies can't use anything over Gunboats. 0_o

Bear in mind that this chart is for technerfs only. Just because an ID has or does not have an adjustment for a particular tech does not grant it the right to use said tech. The ship classes that each ID can be used is still listed in the ID text.

PS. It's a draft. Don't bite aerelm's head off if you think there are mistakes. Keep calm and submit constructive feedback.
I noticed that the LWB and Hessians are allowed to use Coalition Caps but are not allowed to use our weaponry.

The Coalition would never give out its capital ships to anyone, so I'm assuming that this was a mistake? The cells are one grid too far to the right for the LWB and Red Hessian Coalition tech?

Can't say I'm too happy that Coalition tech remains in the hands of foreign factions but as you've said, this tech-chart is still a draft.
(07-25-2013, 04:28 AM)Drrobe Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe this was discussed elsewhere and I missed it, but I noticed cells for cap ships. Are there going to be full nerfs now for Capital ships of one faction using ID's of a different faction? Or is it something else that is being worked on?

The splits were added to provide a more flexible nerf system.

(07-25-2013, 04:38 AM)Kazinsal Wrote: [ -> ]House civilian guns are 75% on generic IDs?

Echo pretty much said it better than I could. House civilian guns are mainly intended for corp use, and due to their ridiculously high efficiency, they'll still be better than some faction guns on 75% generic IDs.

(07-25-2013, 04:38 AM)Kazinsal Wrote: [ -> ]The Xenos have Hellfire Legion caps? They're too yokelish to operate a goddamned forklift. I can't see how the hell this makes sense.

Was an oversight. Thanks for pointing it out.

(07-25-2013, 04:38 AM)Kazinsal Wrote: [ -> ]I am having conversations with multiple HF members who do not like this at all. Might wanna fix that.

The current draft still needs to go through admin filter. Once they've decided on the future of HF tech, it'll be adjusted according to their decision.

(07-25-2013, 04:41 AM)Tabris Wrote: [ -> ]Where's the S.C.R.A. ID Cell?

Added a note to the first post regarding your question.

(07-25-2013, 04:53 AM)Aphil Wrote: [ -> ]The cells are one grid too far to the right for the LWB and Red Hessian Coalition tech?

Yup. Forgot to fix those two when I moved one of the columns. Thanks for pointing it out.
(07-25-2013, 04:44 AM)Echo 7-7 Wrote: [ -> ]Freelancers still have their Flashpoints, PGs, Codenames.

That's stupid. That's even less than they have now.

Why?

Furthermore, why do the local pirates have higher compatibility with these "corporate" weapons than freelancers? One has to steal them, the other at least has means to legitimately acquire them.

And really, no one's going to actually use something with a yellow cell unless it's a transport, because a regen nerf of 25% is completely worthless.

You have nerfed freelancers current tech choices (as of now they're 90% IMG/GMG, not 75% as in the draft). And you have deprived them of practical and in-RP logical alternate loadouts that I was actually looking forward to.

Why?
(07-25-2013, 04:57 AM)Thexare Wrote: [ -> ]Why?

Because I can™.

Jokes aside, there's still some talks regarding kicking those cells up to 90% on generic IDs, we'll see how that goes. As things currently are though, it's the general "formula" applied to the current chart - House corps at 100%, house police at 100%, other house factions at 90% and any outsider at 75%.

As for the Zoner, GMG and IMG techs being moved down to 75%, it had nothing to do with the new house civilian guns. Was simply a necessary change balance-wise.

P.S: If you consider 75% core with a super efficient gun "completely worthless", I suggest you work on your core management a bit. Even 56% with the right loadout can be somewhat handled on a fighter.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15