Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Trader system passing rules
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
it is common knowledge that if a player is a trader then he/she can reenter a system he has been killed in to pass through, and only to pass through. So something happened to me today while i was trading VIPs from oita to magellen i was killed by a xenos group in new york. I then proceede to pass through the new york system and into california. that same group with the same exact members then reengaged me. now i have read over the rules about 10 times to see if there is a rule that says that if the trader has new cargo he can e reengaged, i have looked everywhere, and there is no such rule. So now i am wondering if that was against the rules for them to reengage me like that or if it is ok for them to do that. This all took place over about 10 minutes. Someone please answer my question.
I don't believe there is a rule against that, you just had poor luck. Maybe next time try a different route after you encountered a pirate or log a different ship for a bit.
First of all, that's not re-engage.

New system, new cargo, new interaction.

Secondly, I can bring 1 unit of water through all systems, then I can transport Silver Ore because all the pirates killed me ? No.

The rule allows you to pass through a system where you died, but if the same pirates catches you in the same system with new cargo, then he is allowed to pirate you.

I killed you in New York with some cargo. Then I met you again in California. I was playing according to the rules.

P.S. Wash your mouth with soap because I really didn't liked that cursing and threatening with sanction reports.
There is no rule to protect traders from death like there used to be. If a trader is shot down he is dead as per the PVP rules and if you enter a system that your attackers are in you are subject to punishment.
He died in NY, he respawned in Oita, he returned to NY, docked, bought new VIP's cargo, I catched him again in California the second time (therefore a new system) with new cargo on-board. I asked him to drop the cargo, again he refused, I killed him again.

New system, new cargo, new interaction. I told him this a lot of times but he doesn't want to understand.
(07-25-2013, 11:14 PM)kikatsu Wrote: [ -> ]There is no rule to protect traders from death like there used to be. If a trader is shot down he is dead as per the PVP rules and if you enter a system that your attackers are in you are subject to punishment.

You broke the rules by re-entering the system where you died. The rule saying traders could re-enter a system where you died was removed ages ago. Even if it HADNT been removed, it would still have been FINE for the Xenos to pirate you again, as the re-engaging rule only prohibits the LOSERS from attacking again, not the winners.

If you have really been over the rules 10 times you should have noticed that... But dont worry, I see that you are new, and we all make mistakes when we are new, I know I did, so just calm down, take it easy and remember its just an game, if it makes sense INRP, go with it.
you died in NY, then died again in Cali, where is rule break?

Rule break will be if you:

1. re-engaged anyone of these xenos

2. returned to NY when they were still in NY