Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Return to Disco
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Man, has it been a while. Being a space fanatic throughout my entire 17 year life (excluding the initial years in which I wasn't potty trained), Freelancer had always been a great enjoyment and way to "explore" space since 2003. Here I am, almost 18, and I still go back to Freelancer.

And it wouldn't have been without Discovery. You guys are what keep this 10 year old game alive. And keeping my dream of one day leaving Earth (even if for just a few short minutes) alive. I know it may not sound much, but it means a lot to me, so thank you for that.

I've tried games like EVE Online and Evochron Mercenary, but they're just way to complicated and in my opinion, bland. With Disco FL, I'm able to be near whatever I want to be, whether it's a lone star pilot set off on an adventure to explore the sector, or a cutthroat pirate set out on a personal vendetta to rule out all those who ruled him out in his early life.

I post this as I'm asking you all to help me. I want to join a faction(s) that'll keep me inspired and playing Freelancer. It's just such a great game, and it gives me something to do on my gym-break hours and vacations from studying.

If you need someone to join your faction or specifically for a particular role in your RP/in-game adventures, I'm there.

I posted this: Public Communication From a Guy Looking for Work
as a roleplay medium to advertise my character's desire for work. Please feel free to respond there or here!

Also, my skype is TheMikeRuler. Feel free to add me and tell me who you are and what we can start up in Sirius.

Thanks for reading Smile

[Just a minor list of things that I've always wanted to do in Freelancer but never had]
-Be a slaver with a Slaver Liner
-Become a true Junker and salvage what's been left for hundreds of years
-Be a successful bounty hunter (impossible in the past as i had never trained to be a good combatant)
-Be a majorly respected cop/navy pilot
-Be a majorly notorious but respected criminal throughout Sirius
-Explore with a team to find and juice out all that exists in Sirius
-Wolf-pack with allies
-Create a base
__exactly 100K outside of the border of a system if possible!
-Launch for space inside of a player carrier/battleship
-Cloak for giggles
-Lead an army to victory
-Become a spectacular fighter
-Go on a personal vendetta to eliminate all nomads for their destruction of the Order's home
__slap a bounty hunter core for assisting against orders
Good to see someone from older times coming back. Welcome aboard once again, lets hope you will stay here untill end of the times. Smile
Hai and welcome to Disco again. Nice to see someone who truly likes this game a lot. Hope ya enjoy the time here.

About the factions though.. Go look on the forums for them. There's literally so damn many I don't even know.
Maybe you'll find one there? Or if ya told people what kind of faction exactly are you looking for it might help.

I'll see you in space. Big Grin
Welcome.
My advice:
Join at least one trading faction, i would go for Planet Form cause they need the new members and activity.
Join a house police faction, i would go for RFP or KSP
Join a house unlawfull: Molly/ Liberty rogue/ Unioner/ Blood dragon/ Brigand etc
Get a capital ship from Galia and raid Bretonia with the GRN
Use at least one WHF, one bomber, one 5k transport, one smuggling freighter.
Don't let your areas of interest colide, that way you won't have to choose what side to help, lawufull/ unlawfull in a brawl.
Get the money for the 5k transport by smuggling.
You will learn how to fight on the police or pirate characters and after that you can be the bounty hunter you want to be.
Join the skype help channel and the emergency channels that interest you.
And please join the official factions or the unofficial ones that want to get official status.

This is how you will best enjoy the game in my personal opinion.
Thanks for moving it mods!

Gday and welcome, if you're lookin for a faction, I posted the BPA recruitment poster in your thread. You can do everything the military can do except fly battleships, and your the ONLY one who can use the super cool feature LAGSNET!