Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Server extremely slow and crashing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have having a huge problem trying to get into the official server. Initially it was just taking a ridiculously long time to start up, and the mission enemies were not showing up, but not the server is not even loading.

Can anyone help me?
this what happens when I click on the server and it stays like this forever. When I press Esc it comes up with that "im sorry but you cannot connect to the server" message and just crashes so I have to force close it :/
Do you have the same problem when connecting to another server? If so i expect it to be a firewall problem.
Look your ping.

1. You live very far (Asia/Australia).

2. Really sh*t internet.
(07-29-2013, 12:09 PM)belarusich Wrote: [ -> ]Look your ping.

2. Really sh*t internet.

I live in New Zealand. Ping has always been that high but this is the first time ive had this problem
(07-30-2013, 12:44 AM)hemzdapeo Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-29-2013, 12:09 PM)belarusich Wrote: [ -> ]Look your ping.

2. Really sh*t internet.

I live in australia, have 355 ish ping, (Fluct 2ms) get no lag* (maybe 1% , even 2% lag rarly). And people complain about having there ping at 70 hahah

Check DDuvelske's reply - firewall - router settings can do this

Perhaps #2. Your ISP is cow dung. How long have you been playing for
? Maybe your ISP goes through several places, try "trace route" or "tracert" google for tutorial. something along the line might be causing #$%#$%

I'm Sure you shee.....urh.. NZ'ers have Telstra or "Telecom" overthere as well. If your not with them GET with them (very fast speed). If you are with them, get with iiNet (costly but way better service - uptime - quality)

If all else fails you could use a system Restore point to when your lag was not an issue, it may have been something you did. Even still you say you get long loading times.

I live in Canada and I've just developed this problem. Never had it before in four and a half years of playing Discovery. My connection isn't to blame either -- average ping is 170ms, downstream is 30 mbps, upstream is 3 mbps.
I hardly believe it has anything to do with your local ISP since its too common, and in additionto that, server list itself takes 30 seconds to show up
Remove Freelancer.Exe from your firewall exceptions. Your MAC address is checked when you connect to the master server, that could be the problem.
*Champ drags the thread into Help & Support*