Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: im new here and have first problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hello all,

today i got really angry in fl crossfire after 1 small fighter killed my big fat battleship. so i deleted crossfire, looked for alternative and found this. downloaded and installed disco and was absolutely happy, but ... it crashed before it started Sad
the message: freelancer stopped working (in german: "freelancer funktioniert nicht mehr"). so yes, i used a clean freelancer installation, before u ask. what else i can tell? it was german freelancer version, i have windows 7 64 bit with all updates, and usually worked fine, until now. i looked into the forum but it seems, that i am the only one with this issue.

any idea? i was really grateful.

hope to see u in space soon.
Reinstall. Or restart.
(07-31-2013, 11:18 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]Reinstall. Or restart.

nope, didnt work Sad
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread...ght=german

Heres the German skypechat. I saw a thread ages ago about how German FL has problems with Disco, and how there was a patch for it or something, but I cant find it now. Maybe the guys in there can tell you.

Now Id like to welcome you to Disco, but you're gonna have to stop getting angry when fighters kill your BS if you wanna play here.

Heres the Rules:

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=2334

And the Laws Of Sirius:

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=8584

(Note the difference is, the Rules you have to obey no matter what, the Laws are IN Role Play, you can choose to break them if you are a criminal)

Remember its a game, and the object is to RP and have fun Smile
i thought he was talking about crossfire mod or something like that?

anyways

completely uninstall FL, and all mods

use revouninstaller to clear out any registry traces

install freelancer

download disco installer (perhaps the one you downloaded might of got corrupted)

run the disco installer

that really should be it
Also check if you have the english version of Freelancer, i believe that matters.
Delete saves.

C/User/Documents/My games/Freelancer/Accts/SinglePlayer

My way to folder with saves

Just delete all files inside folder. ALL files.

And check if you have english copy of freelancer
i deleted everything what concerns old freelancer-installation, including game-saves.

yes it is a german freelancer version. maybe thats why there was an error-msg while installing disco, anything about sound.ini, forgot the exact name. ok, try to find an answer in the given threads and skype-chat.

and about being angry: ofcourse fighterS can kill a bs, but not ONE fighter should be able to kill one BEST EQUIPPED bs Wink this is absolutely unlogical and inacceptable.
* Zelot looks into the future and sees a ragequit thread.
(08-01-2013, 08:51 PM)Zelot Wrote: [ -> ]* Zelot looks into the future and sees a ragequit thread.

Damn, picture was too big.

3edgy5me.
Pages: 1 2