Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Razor's Edge Pub, Seasons Base
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[Image: ZwMKn1a.png]

:::]Razor's Edge Pub

When Seasons Base was passed down to the Junker Marauders from the Vagrant Raiders, George Masters relocated all of the Marauders assets to Seasons Base which lay in the heart of the mysterious Kansas system. Now, Seasons serves as the HQ the Junker Marauders, as well as functioning as a trade hub and the location of the newly re-opened Razor's Edge Pub.

The Razors Edge Pub was recently reopened on Beaumont Spire, following Seasons Base's untimely destruction.

[Image: kRkyq9X.png]
As you enter through the doors, your ears are instantly filled with the music playing in the pub. Two bouncers, most likely mercenaries, stand at the entrance. You walk past them, they both remain silent. You see descending stairway entrance to what seems like a bottom floor. A glowing sign with the words "Marauders Tomb". One of the bouncers catch you reading the sign. "VIPs only" he says.

You decide to venture on into the pub. You see numerous patrons around the bar talking, all coming from various places in Sirius. What will you do? Will you go to the bar and get a drink of your choice, the Marauders made sure to import as many drinks from as many reaches of Sirius as they could. Perhaps you will begin a conversation with some of the patrons? The choice is yours. Welcome to the New Razor's Edge Pub.

//welcome to the pub! Anyone can post and partake in RP.
Kadar al-Nizari hops out of his Eagle's cockpit, still in his armor, taking in the lively Seasons Station and a mass of people tending to their duties around the hangar. He needs a drink, fighting GRN and Nomads in the same day can do a number on your sense of well being after all. He heads to the turbolift with Natio Octovarium banners draping on both sides "A nice touch" he says. He takes the turbolift to the main concourse, hoping to find a nice bar that serves Raiders for free - maybe he could get the number of the only girl in the VR while he's at it. Upon arriving at the concourse he was surprised at the size and openness of the station interior, the concourse was lined with stores, a restaurant or two, a guy selling weed in that corner over there - not bad Kane, not bad. The crown jewel of course was the corridor labelled 'Razor's Edge Pub - Raiders Drink for free, triple for lawfuls', al-Nizari entered the bar, took a seat by a hookah and began ordering drinks.

K: Ay! Barkeep! *He waves* Raiders drink for free right?

B: Damn right, tell me what you need and I'll get you set up for the night.

K: I'll have a glass of black rum, that special stuff from Crete or whatever the hell - also some shish for this hookah, plain tobacco is fine. *He throws a thousand credit chip at the bar, Kadar was always generous to the people that kept him inebriated*

K: *The barkeep serves him his rum and tobacco, he takes a sip and lights up the hookah finally getting some rest* Yeah, yeah - that's the good. *He looks around, not noticing any other VR personnel in the bar for perhaps the first time in history* The hell? Where's all the other Raiders?

K:
*He queues up his NeuralNet, selecting his contact 'Harold Kane' and pressing 'Send Message'* Kane get your ass to the Razor's Edge, this place is great and I'm the only Raider christening it with my presence, and make it quick I'll be completely trashed within an hour - bloody Nomads....
A woman with tied-back dark brown hair enters the pub, proudly wearing an engineer's uniform with the name Clemens laid neatly above an image of a Spyglass Array. She checks her handgun at the door, adjusts her square-framed glasses, and wanders in. She sits down at the bar next to al-Nizari and orders a drink.

"Chocolate stout, please."

She looks to her left at the Raider.

"You look incredibly bored. Or frightened. Or both."
*Kadar now on his third glass raises his head, studying the girl that just sat down by him. It seems that Kane is asleep or just pretending to do something important, oh well time to wake up.*

K: Boredom? Yeah, Fright? I haven't felt fear since my first bombing. But I digress, I'm pondering rather - I just returned from a battle twelve hours or so ago, 13 Gallic Battleships walked into Leeds, and we headed out to give the Brets a hand. The Gauls left, and a fleet of Marduks show up, gutting the BAF fleet in Chester, and I'm here wondering what the future holds for us with that kind of power ravaging our neighbours.

*He takes a long drag from the hookah as the girl begins to talk*
"Chester, eh? Seeing as you're not old enough to be that Erasmas guy Taskmaster Kane was talking about, I'm guessing you're Raider al-Nizari. Don't look like nearly the blowhard he made you sound like." She shrugs. "Marauder Florence Clemens. Chief Engineer of the VCS Metropolis."

She takes a sip of her freshly-arrived drink and sighs.

"Hey, got any idea where I can get a half billion credits?"
Suddenly the bar patrons can hear the guards outside arguing with someone; the man tries to remain calm at first, but then he erupts. "I told you I have no weapons on me, and... get those hands down! Where did you learn your manners, on Crete?" The guards ignore his attitude and proceed. "Oh, fine! Here... see? No weapons. Can I go now, you bunch of rheinlandish brutes? Thank you!"

The man then enters the bar; the tall and lanky figure, dressed in white and wearing thin round glasses, notices some stares at his entrance and, without skipping a beat, heads to the bar counter. "Bartender? I'd like to have a round for all the fine gentlemen and ladies here, and a White Russian for me, thank you." With a practiced charming smile he takes his seat at the counter and glances around. His gaze is inevitably attracted to the brunette engineer a couple stools from him.

"What a nice evening, isn't it? Or whatever time of the day is currently logged onboard, it can be confusing at times. I remember a little incident that happened when I was on Curaçao, working as a diplomatic attaché... but I digress. My name is Erasmas de Shahrizai, charmed to make your acquaitance, miss." He makes the flashy smile again and stands from the tool, approaching her and offering a hand.
Florence looks up and smiles. "Florence Clemens. Metropolis chief engineer. Nice to meet you, uh, Mr. de Shahrizai." She blushes as she shakes his hand. "So you're one of our new pilots, I guess? Good to see a, uh, fine-looking man such as yourself working with us."

She blushes again and takes a sip of her stout, letting its rich dark chocolate flavour permeate her senses, hoping it will drown out her embarrassment at her own social ineptitude.
"Florence Clemens! I used to know someone called Clemens... not nearly as a pleasant presence as you are, Florence... can I call you Florence?" he smiles, managing to look like the most inoffensive man on Sirius; "To answer your question, yes, I am a new addition to this fine estabilishment. I was told earlier that my rank is "Raider", but I personally focus on moving things around. Sometimes, not exactly where they belong, I admit!" he chuckles and thanks the bartender with a nod as he is served his drink. "I've heard of the Metropolis; how is it going, if my question is not inconvenient?"
(08-03-2013, 04:10 AM)Kazinsal Wrote: [ -> ]"Chester, eh? Seeing as you're not old enough to be that Erasmas guy Taskmaster Kane was talking about, I'm guessing you're Raider al-Nizari. Don't look like nearly the blowhard he made you sound like." She shrugs. "Marauder Florence Clemens. Chief Engineer of the VCS Metropolis."

She takes a sip of her freshly-arrived drink and sighs.

"Hey, got any idea where I can get a half billion credits?"

K: I take pride in my work, really I can make a thermonuclear bomb with some scrap metal, deuterium and a gram of Uranium but I don't see myself as a 'blowhard' really - typical Kane *He chuckles*. Oh yeah, I'm Raider Kadar al-Nizari - need somebody dead you talk to me; as for five hundred million....either rob IC or start mining silver, what do you need that kind of money for anyways.

*An older looking guy with long hair comes thro- oh it's just Erasmas. The newly promoted Raider seems to be in a joyful mood for whatever the reason, buying drinks for the bar and taking seat next to Kadar and Clemens exchanging pleasantries with her before approaching al-Nizari*

K: Ah, Erasmas welcome to Seasons base *he drags on the hookah*, nice to kick back after staring at Marduks for two hours; how'd you come out of that by the way?
*Skarsi looks with curiosity as he wanders to the bar*

" Hmm.... interesting place they got here. ah! here's the bar."

*As Skarsi approaches the entrance, he is stopped by a guard who asks him to hand over any and all wapons*

"As you wish." As Skarsi adjusts his pope's robes, the guard notices what appears to be some sort of armor. "Here you are. Take good care of them." He walks into the establishment, leaving a confused guard and a sizable stack of weapons.

"Bartender, a glass of ... hmm.... i dont know what you serve here. Do you have any vodka?"

*He observes the other patrons, and the strange looks he is getting.*
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11