Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: 2 interconnected ideas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
So, I was a dev for a bit, and one of the things I worked on was the Renzu Liner project. When 4.86 was getting ready to roll out, I was talking to Mjolner about the price of the ship. I wanted it to be uber expensive and his argument was that it wasnt good enough as a ship to be uber expensive.

This brings me to my first idea.

1. Ships should be priced by their rp value, not their comparative, disco value.

The more rare a ship is in rp, the more expensive it should be. This would become a reenforcing cycle, keeping the rarer ships in lower number sheerly by the price of the ship. This reflects the realist market value in an rp setting we are looking for. The Renzu liner should cost 1.5 billion, a battleship? an easy 3 billion. Now, I know what you are going to say, "Stoopid Zelot, Y U so Stoopid, ships have a maximum value. Stoopid Zelot." And I know, I do, which brings me to my second idea.

2. Cut the price of everything in Sirius by 3/4. Every commodity, weapon, armour, ship, bribe, everything. Cut it all by 3/4. This make the inflation toward the value cap reduce. This will allow us to make things that should be rare, much, much more expensive and allow my first idea to take shape.

So, thats what I think, this is where you call me "stoopid."
Not everyone have time to sell his soul to IMG/USI/Daumann/Zoners and trade 24/7 to get bunch of lightly armed pixels like luxury liner.
(08-03-2013, 11:04 PM)Omicron Wrote: [ -> ]Not everyone have time to sell his soul to IMG/USI/Daumann/Zoners and trade 24/7 to get bunch of lightly armed pixels like luxury liner.

Youre right, thats why they are rare. Why shouldnt they be rare?
I like the idea, but then again like Omicron say, its not worth it to make Disco another job.

Not to mention new comers get hard hit while people already loaded with Billions or countless Caps toys before hand, will gets away with it - which is hardly fair.
I support an economic overhaul.
You don't understand.

All prices in discovery are gameplay-related. Geb which is heavily modified Osiris have cost ranging in battlecruiser class which it currently lists itself into.

If we gave logic into how much said ship should be worth, you would end up with situation of capital ship being worth several billions due to size of the hull and technology involved. Prices are OORP to keep the gameplay going.
So how do I buy a battleship without corrupting my character while getting the cash?
(08-03-2013, 11:13 PM)Crackpunch Wrote: [ -> ]So how do I buy a battleship without corrupting my character while getting the cash?

Look at suggestion number 2. The 3 billion a battleship should cost would be cut by 3/4.
(08-03-2013, 11:14 PM)Zelot Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-03-2013, 11:13 PM)Crackpunch Wrote: [ -> ]So how do I buy a battleship without corrupting my character while getting the cash?

Look at suggestion number 2. The 3 billion a battleship should cost would be cut by 3/4.

Still above the limit.

Then factor in armour and guns.

edit: My bad, I thought you meant it would be 3/4 the price, not 1/4.
(08-03-2013, 11:15 PM)Crackpunch Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-03-2013, 11:14 PM)Zelot Wrote: [ -> ]

Still above the limit.

Then factor in armour and guns.

edit: My bad, I thought you meant it would be 3/4 the price, not 1/4.

Thats right, 75% reduction in the price of everything.
Pages: 1 2 3 4