Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: GMG Battleship turret - for what?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Subj.

Who can use these turrets?
Anyone. Just expect a technerf. And an INRP consequence should you take without asking.
I think in .85 GMG were using zoner caps and could use caps, that's why they were there I guess - I do vaguely remember a GMG| battleship before...
Zoners. Bunch of Kusari factions, like blood dragons and such. Not at 100%, of course. But, I don't think many people actually use them, 'cause they're nothing special.
I think the GMG ID used to allow cruisers, but this was removed at the request of GMG|. Doubt it used to include BSes as well (I've said IMG doesn't need them either) but you never know.
Just now, it's mostly Zoners, Order and perhaps BD caps who'd use them, other than the GMG| SRPed RMBS.
Yes it originally allowed BSs as well. We do use them ourselves, quite a bit of Zoners use them, some Order do. I've had a Kag with GMG turrets before the nerfs and before BD finally got their own turrets. Perfectly ok with them playing their role as having gotten out in the black market. They are slightly more powerful then Basics but with same energy use. Efficient guns for powermanagement.
(08-06-2013, 10:16 PM)ProwlerPC Wrote: [ -> ]Yes it originally allowed BSs as well.
Heh, the things you learn. GMG guns are pretty good for those who can use them, towards the efficient end but not with too much of a DPS loss like Zoner ones. I ended up looking all these up when SolarR were asking for IMG ones - vaguely remember the GMG cruiser ones being very good with the IMG BS guns being good.
I love their sound effects. Paricularly the wheeze of the capacitors recharging after shooting.