Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: VWA| Vereinigte Widerstandsarmee Recruitment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[Image: aHjxPs0.png]

Vereinigte Widerstandsarmee

United Resistance Army

Whether a Rheinlander or a foreign observer intimately interested in the state of Rheinlandic politics, you decided wholeheartedly that you would not stand idle whilst the current government was in power there. After some time, you travelled to Kaiserslautern Depot, something of a "Revolutionary Freeport" and as such a recruitment hub for each of those major factions, the Widerstand included.

At the Widerstand's hub, you are nodded to by a silent man bearing the Bundschuh Eagle as a pin; symbol of the organization. He gestures to the Neural Net Database, where you begin to fill out your application...

Code:
Name:

Place and year of birth:

Personal Background:

What brings you to our cause?

Skype protocol communication code:
- Incoming Transmission -
:::ID: Oberst Erich Klugmann, Vereinigte Widerstandsarmee:::
:::LOCATION:
ERROR:::
:::ENCRPYTION: Medium; Viewable by Munich System, Certain Rheinlandic Bar-Establishments, Freeports 1 & 2 :::

[Image: hCc243n.jpg]

People of Munich and Rheinland,

Your Bundestag has failed you. In their ruthless pursuit of personal profit, they have forgotten that their power is consolidated on the backs of Rheinland's people. You are the Keystone in their sturdy arch of Corporatism and Greed.

You need not keep that arch standing. There is a means of keeping responsible the perpetrators of your plight; Daumann, Republican, Kruger, Synth, Samura, Kishiro, and all other exploiters of your own misery.

That means is by aiding the cause of the Bundschuh. For more than a century, the Bundschuh have through political clout and a refusal to back down defended the rights of Rheinland's downtrodden... Particularly during this Munich catastrophe will it become apparent.

But the Resistance, the Widerstand to the Puppet Corporate Kanzlerdom, cannot survive without YOUR help. It cannot hold the perpetrators of this catastrophe accountable for the collateral damage their selfish excess caused without able men and women of any nationality to tell them "Nein".

We are not xenophobic in regards to Samura and Kishiro's causal of the Munich Tragedy. We are not communistic in regards to economics. But we do have a strong desire to keep the Rheinlandic government transparent, accountable, and able to be criticized.

Join the Vereinigte Widerstandsarmee and lend a helping hand to your fellow man.

- Transmission End -
[Image: 263px-Charshot.Aksel.Goldstein.jpg]

Name: Aksel Goldstein

Place and year of birth: Planet New Berlin, New Berlin system, 20th October, 795 A.S.

Personal Background: Where to start? I was born and raised into a wealthy family on our glorious capitol, privately tutored and shielded from outside influences until I was nearly a man. My parents were the strict and traditional kind, and I was enlisted in one of the military academies of New Berlin, from where I graduated in 813 A.S.

Afterwards, I joined an autonomous military division based out of Dresden, and spent the next five years combating the various elements "for the greater glory of the people of Rheinland". Such propaganda passed for some, but I had my own reasons.

In 817, during the outbreak of the war, my division was accused of high treason, and I would be lying if I said it wasn't entirely our fault. Many fell, others were arrested, but I managed to escape with my personal Wraith, and take refuge among the Zoners on Freeport one. Deciding to let bygones be bygones, I wandered the sector for a while, before finally settling down on Freeport Ten, Tau 37, the other side of the sector. There I served for a time as a guard of the freeport, but even that came to an end.

I eventually returned to Rheinland, and secretly visited New Berlin, where I was introduced with some of the activists of the party, and ultimately decided to join the movement. And here I am now, on Brucshal.

What brings you to our cause? I've served outside your particular armee, but still affiliated with the Bundschuh for over a year now and I feel I could contribute much more if I was working inside the Vereinigte Widerstandsarmee, rather than flying on my own.

The corruption inside Rheinland cannot be disregarded, I fled from it once, and I will be damned if I did it again.

Skype protocol communication code: aflamingpickleofdeath
:::LOCATION: Bruchsal Base, Frankfurt:::
:::ENCRPYTION:
HIGH:::

Herr Goldstein, you are one of the many who have decided that the corruption of the Bundestag-in-cohoots with Rheinlandic Corporations is an offense that simply will not stand. I am proud of your decision to stand your ground.

It may well be that we will need to operate in a skittish fashion. We lack the strength to challenge the Rheinswehr head-on. Even the Hessians do.

But we will never abandon our mission for the common men and women of Rheinland; we will never abandon them when their captor state does away with them as the please.

Someday, the old regime will fall. When it does, I will be proud to count you amongst the men and women who liberated Rheinland's people. Welcome to the Cause, Aktivist Goldstein. Report to Deck Thirty-Nine to finish your registration and receive briefing data on our current operations.

- Transmission End -
[Image: 143875.jpg]
Name: Lizzie McLowell

Place and year of birth: Planet Cambridge, 800 AS.

Personal Background: Born to rich aristocrats, Lizzie always had been fed with a silver spoon. Having access to Bretonia's best education system, she was set to become a Cryer engineer and scientist like her mother, her grandmother, her great-grandmother, and so on. Top graduate in all of her classes, amateur of sports and all kinds of activities as she'd grow older, Lizzie was sent to Rheinland to perfect her engineering skills in a prestigious academy funded by Daumann. Unfortunately for her parents, Lizzie was a bit of a party girl with ideals, and when she heard rumors of the Bundschuh being great pacifist warriors to protect the Rheinland society she herself witnessed as devastated, she abandoned her precious career to become an activist. For her, the longest spring break ever just begun.

What brings you to our cause?: "Gooten Tag!", says the lady with an horrible accent. "I've heard of your group and read about their magnificient exploits! You fight for justice and aren't half as rude as the Hessians, or a third as brutal as those Unioner scums! Let me join your ranks for me to help spread your words of pacfiism, for the greater good of not only Rheinland's people, but all of Sirius! Together, we can change the Galaxy!", obviously, the girl seemed a bit... deluded about the true nature of the Bundschus, but she seems to have spirits!

Skype protocol communication code: thisrandomperson666

Fraulein McLowell,

*he is quiet a moment, seemingly re-reading the Neural Net terminal*

Well, I'm not sure where you heard that from about the Bundschuh, but I suppose it's a refreshing change from being labelled terrorists and perpetrators of the Munich Incident.

We do not actively seek to promote conflict, but neither will we shy away from the people of Rheinland we are sworn to defend. Conflict with those who either actively seek them harm, or who mistakenly defend those who wish them in chains... It is inevitable.

Your upbeat nature is inspiring, however, and I will personally say that even I, as its leader, am touched by it. Trusting the above is clear, I would like to formally welcome you to the Vereinigte Widerstandsarmee. We'll... Work on your German while you're here.

You are to report to our headquarters at Bruchsal, Frankfurt. You will find our base on the dark side of Planet Holstein, concealed within the Taunusfeld. We will outfit you with everything you will require, and brief you upon your objectives.

Welcome to the cause, Aktivist.

- Transmission End -
Name: Valerie Froehlich

Place and year of birth: Planet Baden Baden, 800 A.S.

Personal Background: I am Valerie Froehlich and I have long lived with my mother on Baden Baden in Stuttgart. My mother is very cagey about my father, but from what I can piece together, he must have served the Bundschuh up until the year of my birth, when he mysteriously disappeared in the Frankfurt System, near the Westerwald. All I have been told is he was a great ace in the army of the people, fighting for the workers against the Rheinwehr. I don't know much about flying, but i have it in my blood, I can feel the exhilaration even when ferrying the rich to a from destinations planetside.

What brings you to our cause? My mother and I have long lived in the lower classes of the resort workers treated like dirt by the aristocracy of Rheinland. I look for answers, about my father, and what my life is meant to be.

Skype protocol communication code: dietzthegreat

Fraulein Froehlich,

Hm... "Army of the People". I like that one. I believe the Widerstand we all embody is well-described by that phrase.

Your dislike of the wealthy is warranted, but it deserves a disclaimer, I feel. It is not an innate sin to be rich and privileged. It becomes a sin, however, when the privileged exert their political strength to take from those without, and to further tread upon the already-downtrodden.

The Westerwald holds mysteries that you shall soon learn of, Aktivist. Welcome to the cause of the Widerstand. Report to Bruchsal Base, deck thirteen, in 0600 hours and I will personally brief you upon our ongoing Operation Edelweiss.

- Transmission End -
Name:

Steve Harlow

Place and year of birth:

Planet Pittsburgh, NY, 785 A. S.

Personal Background:

Was born in the sort of Pittsburgh neighborhood I really don't want to describe in writing. Back around fifty years ago, there was more of an industry there, with a smelter and a couple manufacturing plants.
Everyone in the area was in industry, pretty much.
By the time I was growing up, the only thing left was a cement plant and when I was old enough to work, that had been closed down too.
The whole place was owned by DSE, and I guess it wasn't profitable anymore. I don't really know, the people there didn't get much of an explanation.
All I know is they closed down everything to encourage people to move elsewhere.
Only most of these people don't have anywhere else to go. So you've got this dusty hell hole of a town with no jobs and hopeless people.

I got out of there mostly by luck. Hitched a ride to the closest spaceport one day and tried to find work, and after a disappointing half a day went to a spaceport bar.
Got into talking to an old DSE transport pilot that couldn't deal with space flight anymore - his digestion couldn't cope. Or at least, that's what he told me.
He said I could have his ship with no payment in advance, which sounded like a great deal. He even flew the first trip with me to show me how to handle it, since obviously I didn't have a license.

So the next years, I flew that DSE Mammoth around Liberty, getting experience while paying it off.
What I found out the hard way was that that old guy didn't actually own the ship, and one day it was simply impounded right at the space port.
DSE took it back, along with literally my entire savings, which were tied to the ship.

Needless to say, I felt pretty cheated. And my life took a turn for the worse.
With no money, I started drinking, and stealing to survive.

It was then, in some crappy bar on Pittsburgh, that I was approached by a guy who said there was a group that shared my concerns, that cared about the economy in Liberty. That was the Xenos. He took me to a planetside "clubhouse" of sorts, and the people there talked a lot of sense. So, I joined them on a flight, a "patrol" as they called it. I quickly realized on that patrol that they were definitely not the sort of people that I wanted to be around, destroying a Kusari transport for literally no reason other than that it was a foreigner.
It was then that I decided I had to leave Liberty. I sold the only thing I had left, the contents of my tiny Pittsburgh apartment for a bargain-class trip to New Berlin.

Had no idea what to expect there, but I was sure there wasn't anyone in Liberty that cared about guys in my situation, so I might as well try it out somewhere else.

That's where I caught a public transmission from you guys. I don't know much about Rheinland politics, not going to lie, but I really liked what you were saying, and I guess I really believe that you're looking out for the average Joe, and not just bureaucrats and fat cats.

What brings you to our cause?

I guess I pretty much explained that above. I have literally nothing to lose and I suppose I just believe in you folks.
Don't have any money I can support you with, nor too much experience, I'll be honest. I can fly a transport, that's pretty much it.

Skype protocol communication code:

(you have it <3)

Herr Harlow,

It has always been a small wonder to me why Liberty's downtrodden never founded a movement similar to our own. I have a theory; perhaps it is because for the poor and downtrodden to truly pull themselves from their class, they must damped (to an extent) more self-serving premises such as profit and power so that all might share in the benefit of what is rightfully theirs.

Your wealth or net worth is irrelevant to our desire to aid you; as a Widerstand member we will provide you with all of the equipment you might need, as well as an education rivaling the finest universities Sirius has to offer. Admittedly we are in dire need of an expansion to our merchant "fleet", and I believe you would be the perfect captain of one such vessel with some training.

If our goals in Rheinland are successful within our lifetimes, I would surmise that "Served in the Widerstand" would be an excellent addition to your résumé.

Welcome to the cause, Aktivist. Whether under your own power or with the aid of Rheinland's "shady" invididuals, secure transport to the Taunusfeld on the dark side of Holstein, Frankfurt. I'll clear permission for you to dock at Bruchsal, our headquarters and main hangar. From there we'll work together to fight for Rheinlandic people's rights.

- Transmission End -
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7