Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A few suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

I have a few suggestion which might balance things around here.

I will start with Cruise Disruptors: we have many, but some of them useless. Instead to have so many, we could have a few with a precise role:
1.Mosquito CD - Very good at tracing, it should have the same range as now and it shouldn't be able to disrupt anything but snubs engines.
2.Hornet CD - Same range as now, should disrupt snubs/gunboats and transports engines. (exclude trains and battle transports)
3.Train CD - Same range as now, should disrupt all transports engines.
4. Reinforced CD - Same range as now, should disrupt any kind of engine and it should be a bit more expensive.

Equipping a ship ship with CD it would give it a role.

Cloak Device

Make them based on energy, not on fuel. And let only the Reinforced CD to stop charging them. We will have no more battleships uncloaking behind a target and starting to shoot anymore.

I've seen that Pilgrim will have 3600 cargo space, that means it will be open for freelancers/pirates. My idea is to make it a pirate ship. Give it a CM slot, gunboat shield and a cruiser forward gun. In rest, let it as it is. Enough with pirating in bombers and gunboats. Oh, and rise its price to 500 millions or so.
That means a pirate is vulnerable to anything else but transports. Light transports have a chance to escape due to their handling. 5kers and battletransports have a lot more hull, if they avoid Pilgrm's forward gun, they have a chance to escape.

Change the bombers weapons: Make the actual antimatter cannon a powerful EMP. Let only the torpedoes to make hull damage. Implement that feature which allows bombers to buy amo from ships. That will make bombers to be good only against big targets and only combined with a mother ship, like a carrier or a transport/liner.
That means 2 bombers can not take down a BS anymore without resupply. And make the torps to trace the target. I mean cruiser should have only 30% chance to avoid tops.

And if you really want to balance things here, this server needs things like:
1.Bring back the old rule which says that capital ships (excluding gunboats) can not shoot transports.
2.Impose a rule which says that cruisers or above are not allowed to shoot snubs, only in self defense.

Make ships to not be able to transfer regens, only by dropping them in space. Cruisers and above shouldn't be able to transfer them at all, not even dropping them. That's why we have a repair ship which should be used. Maybe that repair ship should have repairing guns instead tons of regens.

Tell me if I am wrong, where and why.