Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Game won't start
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

i have a big problem starting the game.
I played the mod some months ago and now i wanted to get addicted again but the game won't let me.

If I want to start the game by clicking on the Discovery Freelancer.exe i can see the first screen but then I crash on my desktop again and the game closes itself.

My FLSpew says the following:

E:\FL\Scratch\Source\Client\Space\EffectTypes.cpp(76) : WARNING:General:EffectTypes: unknown type
E:\FL\Scratch\Source\Client\nn\NN_Chat.cpp(1362) : NOTICE:General:Channel add successful.
E:\FL\Scratch\Source\Client\nn\NN_Chat.cpp(1362) : NOTICE:General:Channel add successful.
E:\FL\Scratch\Source\Client\LoginMgr.cpp(351) : NOTICE:General:Starting single player game.
E:\FL\Scratch\Source\Client\Gf\LocationController.cpp(1029) : *** WARNING: Failed to get start location

I tried to reinstall the game and the mod 2-3 times with restarts in between but nothing seems to work. At first I thought it's because i use Windows 8 but according to the forums some people can play just fine using Windows 8.

I hope someone can help me with this problem.

Thank you in advance.
TrendyFish
Delete saves.

My path: Documents/My Games/Freelancer/Accts/SinglePlayer

Just delete all files in Folder SinglePlayer
I already tried that but it doesn't help.
The game still crashes at the Disvcovery Freelancer - The Exiles screen.

Any other suggestions ?

Thank you,
TrendyFish
I only see "starting SP, failed to get start location"

This is most likely saves

May be you didnt delete Restart.fl ?

Or you have corrupted freel installation(not mod)
That's what I thought as well but if I can play Freelancer Vanilla Singeplayer just fine.
There is no way using the mod with the working Vanilla, isn't it ?
I tried everything: Deleted everything and made a clean reinstall but it didn't work out.

Maybe if I have the time I will try to set up a VM and try to launch Freelancer.
you can delete/move saves each time you want to play disco

Or may be there is the way to do 2 different folders for saves(I sure)