Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Developing new Star Maps for new Star Systems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
' Wrote:The stars could use a bit more contrast, they are barely visible and very plain right now. And, you could try and make it one coloured in the themes of nebulas across sirius. That's my only beefs, other than that good job.

I agree, but these are not submissions for the actual mod, but rather they exist to let people ponder. I dont know if it is even possible to get them in-game at this stage. If it proves possible for them to get modded into the game, then I would investigate colours and how the original star maps were made alot more.:)

Starmaps are not pictures.

They consist of 3 layers: basic stars, advanced stars and nebulae. Nebulae dominate the system lookout (general color, clouds, location related to Barrier and other objects etc.). Nebulae layer is actually a model rather than picture, with various nebulas aligned around the starsphere. We could try to use picture instead of one of the star layers, and skip the nebula layer, but I very much doubt that this will work.
Dam, I didnt realise they were done like that. To me, it looked like a large texture wrapped around one massive sphere in whch the world was within.

Shame:)
Pages: 1 2