Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: IMG Tags
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"Dynamic Pages in IMG tags is not allowed"

What does this mean and why can I not post any images anymore? Is it just that one picture? Or all of the ones I attempt to post?

~Leo
could be the filetype of the image itself

actually thought this was for the actual [IMG] tags in-game at first haha
Just a "*.jpg"

Dunno why its saying that.

~Leo
Anyone help out?

~Leo

EDIT: Exact Quote - "Sorry, dynamic pages in the [IMG] tags are not allowed"
hmm i dont know then, last time it happened to me i just left it and the next day i tried it worked....

surly someone must know how to fix it or something:(
Allow me.

Dynamic pages have characters like "?" in them, for example http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19831

One could not post this inside an [img] tag, as it contains dynamically generated content. That's a fancy way of saying the page doesn't exist until asked for, whereupon the server creates it and sends it to the requestee.

When posting a link to an image from Google, for example, click the "View full image" link, and copy that URL, rather than the one given by clicking the image in the search results.
I think I figured it out. There were % in the link, which could make it a dynamic page, and & was in there too, thanks Boss.

~Abba
Not a problem. It's not the % symbol that's an issue, it'd be the ampersand. The %27, %13, etc are just placeholders for characters that don't display properly.