Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Money sink
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a suggestion for the problem of too much credits in the economy of Sirius.

It may surprise you but i think the solution is:
Spoiler here
BOUNTY BOARDS DAMN IT!

Start paying them, make more posts, revive the old boards, or make a new system that updates automaticly so its easier to put bounties on someones head and pay them. It encourages RP, PVP and it's a money sink. What more can you ask for.
I think a complete server wipe, a re-organization of the monetary system (Zelot's suggestion) making it possible to assign really high credit values on certain stuff like BS's, deletion of some systems and whatnot would be absolutely perfect. Disco 2.0 with some of the major quirks brushed out, and tonnes of stuff for people to grind for. Wipe+reorganization of the in-game economy and pricing = greatest money sink ever.
Above.
How is th Bounty board a money sink? it is more of a redistribution system as the cash doesn't disappear into cannons pockets.
Then again - actuallykeeping closer tabs on the boards would be a good thing no matter what...with the payment and claim lethargy it looks more like a sad excuse to justify random pew Wink
(08-19-2013, 04:31 PM)Anaximander Wrote: [ -> ]I think a complete server wipe, a re-organization of the monetary system (Zelot's suggestion) making it possible to assign really high credit values on certain stuff like BS's, deletion of some systems and whatnot would be absolutely perfect. Disco 2.0 with some of the major quirks brushed out, and tonnes of stuff for people to grind for. Wipe+reorganization of the in-game economy and pricing = greatest money sink ever.
Would be excellent if it wouldn't cause all the virtual empire builders to ragequit and cry themselves to sleep.
(08-19-2013, 05:59 PM)Loken Wrote: [ -> ]Would be excellent if it wouldn't cause all the virtual empire builders to ragequit and cry themselves to sleep.

True, but couldn't we give them a cookie for each base and CAU8 they lose or something? Like I don't mind if somebody else than me gets a small "leg up" if that is what it takes to have the opportunity to rework things.
(08-19-2013, 05:59 PM)Loken Wrote: [ -> ]Would be excellent if it wouldn't cause all the virtual empire builders to ragequit and cry themselves to sleep.
I really doubt that anyone would really leave due to that. The people with more then 5-7b credits made them by constantly trading/mining/piracy because they like to do this activity. Also character wipe does not mean base wipe. Just add 200m to each base so the base owners can kickstart faster.

The rest are just cheaters that made money from different exploits like doubling armours, helping the corsair npcs to kill the 4.85 junker csvs with 9999999 units of cargo in front of junker bases ( it makes around 500 m per hour with 5ker constantly docking beaming and selling the stuff, it goes even on minus sometimes), cheating with cash commands, selling barges for 10-15b bargejump trading iridium in delta cryo stuf in the langesomething system (140m per person given you script the jumping, i guess this one still works if the barge jumps) etc cheats etc.
Cannon should had wiped the server at least two times by now, first time with the cau hack and then with cash command hack.
Just gonna be the old man in the corner, ranting on about shiploss on death over here.

They'll get over it. I get all my shit deleted every few months and I'm still buying a heavy armor mk7 in a few minutes, obtained from honest trading.

There really should be some cleanup tho. Like deviding all prices by 2 or 5 or 10 (stuff that costs less than 10 per unit wont make a useful trade commodity anyway) so you can make other stuff more expensive in compariston.

And while you're at it writing a script that automatically does that for you, also reduce all ship sizes and non-cruise speeds (including projectile spee) to 50%. Will make the planet/ship size ratios appear much more realistic.
Karlotta, Doj, or other?
Pages: 1 2