Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: RP before Engaging
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is shouting "you're under arrest!" and attacking someone sufficient RP before attacking?
Well typically cops who arrest you don't go through the trouble of murdering you, so no it is insufficient.
I'm certain you can think of a few more simple lines before engagement. It won't hurt you much.
Depends on the situation. If the person did not desist, then sure.
I'm sure you can do better then that, but yeah it could end up boiling down to which ID you were arresting and what they did in responce. I cringe at the idea of officers going to fatal measures so quickly following the words "you're under arrest!" (Murika?), suddenly the term arrest no longer has meaning and yet simply saying "You're going to be murdered!" will suffice as an engagement notice to a hostile ID so you probably wouldn't get a vote for sanction from me and more a notice saying "I'm sure you can do better then that."
If you just randomly flew up to someone, said "you're under arrest" and then shot them, I would say that is NOT enough RP before engaging.
I would say i was in a fire fight and could not respond, it seems un fair to engage on the spot...
I normally ask them to step out of their vehicle with your hands in the air, sir. If they are unable to comply, then it's e=mc2 for them.

Yeah maybe you shoulda mentioned you were in the middle of a Gallic invasion fleet that was attacking us though.
It's probably the simple example of the following situation: X navy say to Y suspicious transport to stop, but it keeps running to the dock point so the navy drops the further RP and just go in with guns blazing. So I guess cop said the line and seeing the person not responding just scrolled own RP to the point of gunfire directly. I might be wrong or not - the situation is represented by the little information given.

P.S. Pirates usually take transport's movement as a 'NO" by default.
Pages: 1 2