Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Server Moderators/Police
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
This just a general idea, not something original.
Pretty much, as another tier of server administrators we should have Moderators who police the server.
By doing this, this increases the chance that when hacking occurs, it can be deal with promptly rather than some poor admin getting 99999999999999 PMs on the forums and/or skype about what is going on. Or generally being there to solve a problem when the admins aren't around due to IRL matters.
Their abilities could be similar to what the moderators have now on the forums.
Discuss.
Yes. Let the Judges do that, they suit this description the best! Ya know, fair play, honesty and such.
This has been talked about, discussed and mostly thought of as a bad idea.
No... no you didn't... did you Tyler?
(08-25-2013, 08:22 AM)Miaou Wrote: [ -> ]This has been talked about, discussed and mostly thought of as a bad idea.

Perhaps expand upon that bit more? I don't see it any different than having forum moderators in principle.
Problem I see is people have lives. I can't imagine people will want to/don't have time to be in game for that long as a 'server moderator/police', and I am pretty sure people would much rather just play the game for exactly that - a game - and not have to treat it as what will essentially become a 'chore'.
(08-25-2013, 08:56 AM)Widow Wrote: [ -> ]Problem I see is people have lives. I can't imagine people will want to/don't have time to be in game for that long as a 'server moderator/police', and I am pretty sure people would much rather just play the game for exactly that - a game - and not have to treat it as what will essentially become a 'chore'.

* Lythrilux put his name on this list with doing that in mind.
*Cough*

I'm sure there would be some people wanting to do that.
Though, an off topic question:
Can people remotely ban/kick and whatnot people without being logged into there [Admin] accounts?
There is no need for such thing.
Quote:Can people remotely ban/kick and whatnot people without being logged into their [Admin] accounts?
yes [admin] is just a tag/tittle to show other players their "rank"[just like any other 'faction']
if a character on an account is set to admins all characters on same account are admins

Why this isn'ta good idea?
I can give you the best example on why there shouldn't players be admins/server moderators/police and that is one we all know:
Doj & co ; <<----- Do you really want to "promote" more in their ranks?
(08-25-2013, 08:48 AM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps expand upon that bit more? I don't see it any different than having forum moderators in principle.

The only people who would be good for the job are already taken up as admins or moderators. Anyone else wouldn't be good for the job. Heck, even half of the admins wouldn't be good for the job. It's a bad to throw people who will not do the job correctly into a situation like that.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6