Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Different cloak/jumpdrive/scanner fuels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings.
My question is: if a ship with fuel using gear (cloak, jumpdrive, jump scanner) has 2 or more different fuels (like bret mox, rhein mox, deuterium), and one of the fuel runs out in a process (like scan, or being cloaked), is the process interrupted (decloak, scan interrupt), or it just switches to the other fuel with no visible effect?
The process continues without problem. You can mix fuels it is np, however you should make sure that you have enough combined fuel to generate enough activity time to finish the task. I ran my cloaks, at the time when cloaks were not useless like now on my pirates mostly on force exchanged MOX and filled the gaps by perishing by salvaging H fuel from NPCs and never had problem.
Similar thing was with jumping around with mk4 jumpdrive and various people.
Thanks.
Additional question: is there a specific order the device uses the fuel? For e.g. if I have mox, deuterium and H-fuel, and I cloak, in what order are these used up? If anyone knows, could post an oder for all useable fuel types?
Thanks.
Yes. The devices use first the Mox then the others, however I dunno if it uses it first because you have more of it for example or because it is most efficient one, I bet on efficiency here but cannot confirm on 100% since I never looked that deep into it.
If I am right it should use Mox then H-fuel and at the end Deuterium. You can test it equal amount of each in order to be 100% sure.
Govedo is wrong on this one. The fuel using is decided upon the order in which they got in your cargo hold.

Example 1: You have 500 MOX and you happen to loot 2000 He-3 from a miner. If you use your cloak, MOX will be used first, conserving the precious He-3. However If MOX runs out the cloak will immediately switch to He-3and continue the operation without any problem.

Example 2: You have 3000 H-Fuel in your liner and your MOX has run out long ago. Now you land on LD-14 to buy 800 MOX. As soon as you activate it the H-Fuel will be used first. However, if you jettison your 3000 H-Fuel and re-loot it then MOX will become 'older' and so MOX will be used first.

Found this out when I fled in my Junker transport from GMG fighters after looting some He-3 from a trader. I used up all MOX and used H-Fuel, some He-3 and even some Promethene.

//Good to see you back old friend Govedo!
Glad to see you around too, you always were looking more into details then me. I hope to see you around in Skype.